Music DB - first artist name is missing

sualfred

sualfred

Hey,

I've noticed that the first available artist in my library has no artist name in the artist level (musicdb://artists/), but as soon as I'll enter the album level it does exist.

See screenshots below:
Yfj6q4Ql.png

[FEHLT] -> 3 Doors Down

5XRJZNCl.png

Angelblue05

When is the last time you did a reset? I saw a month ago, we were skipping the first artist and I've since fixed this. Maybe try to run a repair for music only. Both options can be found by launching the emby for kodi addon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sualfred

When is the last time you did a reset? I saw a month ago, we were skipping the first artist and I've since fixed this. Maybe try to run a repair for music only. Both options can be found by launching the emby for kodi addon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday. I'm facing this issue since I switched to Emby (a few weeks ago). Also tried a complete fresh Emby and Debian installation. I also doubled checked and rewrote the ID tags and everything. Cannot say what's causing it, but the logs are empty and show no errors.

Edit:

I have this issue on 3 Kodi devices. 

Edited by sualfred

Angelblue05

Don't see what could be the issue. We use the exact same query as the webclient to make sure we get the same results. Do you have the following setting enabled? Kodi settings > Music > Include artists who appear only on compilations?

sualfred

Nope, that setting was disabled and it makes no difference if it's enabled. 

The artist folder and the tracks/albums works perfectly, so I guess it's just a small (maybe) typo issue, which cause the empty label value. 

Edit:
Ah, the first time I had the issue with "4 lyn" and "3 doors down" (the first artist) was missing. After you have fixed the issue with the skipped artist 4 Lyn is correctly displayed. So it has to be something different.

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

In both of them, but I guess I found the problem.

It seems to be one of the Krypton issues. I tried it on my Jarvis dev station and there is no issue. Sorry for wasting your time. Just put it on the ToDo list for Krypton as soon as you will start porting your addon to Krypton ;)

By the way: Please think about a window property, that I or any other skinner can use to recognize if Emby is updating data.

Edited by sualfred

• 1 month later...
sualfred

Where is the artist showing up in the webclient (album artist or artist)? What version of Kodi are you using?

Just a friendly reminder that this issue won't be forgotten :)