Unable to Cancel Series

hakras

I updated to the latest stable release (3.0.8000) yesterday.  I noticed that I had forgotten to uncheck the annoying "record on all channels" option on one of my series recordings.  I was simply going to cancel the series and set it back up (the option to only record on one channel wasn't being displayed either), but nothing happens when I select "Cancel Series".  To test, I set up a new series and I can't cancel that one either.  I had no issues doing this previously.  I've attached a log.  The shows I tried to cancel were "The Vampire Diaries" and "Family Feud".

server-63612000000.txt

Edited by hakras

It seems like canceling the series does work, but doesn't prevent already scheduled recordings from happening.  For example, I canceled the series for Vampire Diaries.  There was already a scheduled recording for 10/21 and that recording didn't go away.  However, when the guide got the episode to air on 10/28 it didn't schedule it.  I was able to set up the series again and now it allows me to only record on one channel (WPSG).  The only negative is that now there are 2 recordings scheduled on 10/21.  Going forward, I think it will good.

panamajim

@@Luke, thank you for combining my topic into this.  That makes following the topic/conversation easier.

@harkas, I also have found the same behavior as you.  My solution was to completely uninstall Emby on my Linux box and then reinstall.

<begin humorous voice>

It was the worst 15 minutes of my life

</end humorous voice>

It would be very useful to have a finer level of control in managing/deleting scheduled recordings.

The items I think would be useful are:

- delete _all_ scheduled recordings (blow away the database and start with a fresh one, the digital equivalent of the "nuke 'em all" option)

- delete all instances of a scheduled program

- delete multiple scheduled series at once

- delete multiple scheduled episodes at once (give this a try: select several scheduled episodes to delete and then try deleting them... its a Hotel California situation...  you can select but you can't delete)

- a scheduled recordings sub-page (maybe combine it with the next item)

- a calendar view showing only scheduled recordings (maybe, just a thought on this)

Not related to deletions of recording but:

- ability to enter date/time/channel/title/recording start & stop time of item to record (a brute force, manual option to set recordings - this would allow the use to record just a portion of a show, say only the first 30 minutes)

Edited by panamajim

What it looks like to me from these logs is that the recording was already cancelled but the UI hadn't updated to reflect it, so you tried to cancel again and that led to an error being bounced back at you.