Emby Mobile - Offline Mode

Untoten

Untoten

I would like to see the ability to use Emby offline.

When you use Emby offline it just asks for credentials, which is very handicapping.

This also conflict with the idea of downloading or syncing media since you cannot use it unless you already have internet.

• Like 18

• 8 months later...

Show your support guys!!  +1 the original post

Usually, this is exactly what needs to be done.  In this case, however, I assure you, this is something that is going to get done.

orbitnz

Yes, you have been advertising mobile sync forever, but haven’t given a single update on the iOS app. Stating to believe it will never happen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
joydashy

Usually, this is exactly what needs to be done.  In this case, however, I assure you, this is something that is going to get done.

Sure, but I assume you guys work on multiple things and divide your attention. I guess the wishful thinking is that more votes for this topic will divert more attention to finishing it over other things :)

Untoten

Sure, but I assume you guys work on multiple things and divide your attention. I guess the wishful thinking is that more votes for this topic will divert more attention to finishing it over other things :)

I guess that is to be seen lol, I have ~100 endorsements on my 2 year old LDAP thread so we will see lol.  It's actually the second most endorsed FR in the history of this site haha

I see both sides, we are clearly frustrated by the opaqueness in process being given dismissive answers.  but I kind-of see their side, that it's a competitive market.  But I think the lack of transparency is really hurting that effort of a competitive edge.  

TBH I would gladly sign an NDA to get more updates because as of now I feel like I am passified quite often, but I am giving them my faith that they actually plan on doing these things.  I think if it goes past 4 years of some things begin implemented that is my absolute cutoff point.  but it's easy to see this frustration is a growing sentiment among customers.

Edited by Untoten

• 1 month later...
Jay Bad

Hi there,

we love emby a lot. It works fine in our Mixed Win 10, Android and iOS environment.

Today my little child ask me to take his most favourite radio play with my iPhone so could listen it again in the car. I found some basic sync options but none of them working with an up-to-date iOS. So a native iOS implementation of this feature would be great.