[Bug] Unaired and missing episodes appear in unwatched counter

michael_stonebridge
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

michael_stonebridge

Bug

I disabled display of unwatched or missing content:

57e05697ac73b_IMG_1865.png

However, both unwatched and unaired episodes are counted and appear in the unwatched indicator. For example:

- I watched all "Daily Show" episodes that I have, but the counter shows 2569 because there are many epsiodes that I don't have.

- I watched all of "Blindspot", yet Emby shows 5 unwatched episodes that did no not air yet.

57e056e0df929_IMG_1864.png

Expected Behaviour

The unwatched indicators should show how many episodes are available and unwatched. If unaired and missing content is not shown, it should not be counted.

Versions

- iOS 1.2.2 App on iPhone and iPad, iOS version 10.1 and 9.3 respectively.

- Web access through Chrome and Firefox

- Server Version 3.0.7200.0

michael_stonebridge

When I reverted to version 3.0.5972.0 (with VM snapshot), the issue disappeared. Then I updated to the latest version without changing any settings whatsover, and the issue reappeared.

I could use the older version, but that had the broken filtering of "watched/unwatched".

Can someone confirm? Or did a hidden option get defaulted on when updating? If so, where do I find that setting.

Edited by michael_stonebridge

Happy2Play

Sorry I don't see this behavior.  As for if you revert to a previous version is this restoring previous databases also?  If so then it would point to a library.db issue I would think.

Edited by Happy2Play

This happens at the season and I think maybe latest media level.

Doesn't happen at the show level.

We are aware of it.  Thanks.

michael_stonebridge

@@Happy2Play the revert also restored the database.

I was able to fix it for me by deleting the database and letting Emby rebuild it.

Is there a list of known issues with Emby? I feel like I'm constantly running into bugs that turn out to be known. I have quite a list of issues for the new release, including broken live tv (no channel listing), broken installation of live tv plugins ("install button" does nothing), and a memory leak with the live tv guide.

Happy2Play

Theses things affect everyone differently.  Personally I think the database clean is the issue in most scenarios.  Some people think it is hung and restart or cancel and start it again or for one reason or another it just fails to do what it is suppose to do with the library.db.

As for Live TV you will need to bring them up in the appropriate forum.

I reported the same problem further down the forum, amazing have fast they disappear.

I also fixed by going back to 5972, but now I have upgraded again to 7200 as Emby Theater has just been upgraded and will no longer connect to a 5972 Server version. :(  

So is the best solution here to delete the library.db or wait for a fix :wacko: ?

Do I lose watched/unwatched status if I delete the library.db?

Thanks for any help....

• Solution

In your case that's probably the best course of action. Along the way between 5972 and the latest versions, the storage for these properties on episodes changed a little, and although the database upgrade takes care of it, if you've been bouncing between latest and rolling back then I can see how that might throw off the database. You shouldn't lose any watched data, it's in a separate database.

• Like 1