Emby DVR

Strontium_99

Strontium_99

Hi there,

I've got Emby server V 3.0.7100.0 running on Windows 10, with NextPVR.

I used to be able to go into Live TV > Guide and schedule recordings in Emby. Now I'm getting the message  "Emby DVR requires an active Emby Premiere subscription". I'm not trying to record a series or anything like that, just a single program.

Is this a new change to Emby?

Thanks.

Edited by Strontium_99

Hi, yes, we're sorry about the change but we are working tirelessly on Live TV and we decided to make this change for the Dvr with external plugins. It is really an overwhelming amount of work for us supporting it on all of these platforms and devices, and in order for us to continue doing that, we need a little support from our users. You can still browse and watch TV and view recordings, it is only a few areas where we are asking for support. Thank you for your understanding.

I am using serverwmc and see the same thing. If I get premiere do I need to get schedules direct or xmltv too? I am streaming to the roku.

Edited by ericpol1

I am using serverwmc and see the same thing. If I get premiere do I need to get schedules direct or xmltv too? I am streaming to the roku.

Hi, welcome. Not with ServerWMC, no, because ServerWMC can provide the guide data by itself. Thanks !

It's disappointing to see more and more features that already existed be changed to require Emby Premiere. If you're going to make changes like this, extend the sale so those of us who missed it can at least get Premiere at a discounted rate and continue using features that we previously had for free.

• 1 month later...

I really don't think this is fair if you're using an external DVR plugin like serverWMC.

For the built-in DVR, sure, make the entire thing premium. That's a lot to support. But with ServerWMC, Emby is just telling ServerWMC to tell WMC to add a recording or series. There's no reason that should require anything more than what I've already paid for the iOS app.

It's not functionality that is going to require much future development, is it? WMC is legacy and won't change, ServerWMC is mostly just bug fixes at this point.

Except that we are working on the UI in all of the apps every single day. That is the most delicate part and we are pouring a tremendous amount of effort and energy into making it the best we possibly can, and that is why we made this decision.

Should requiring premiere be the case when you are accessing the server web ui directly? Before 3.0.8200 I would get the message about premiere if I used the iOS app or went through app.emby.media, but I could schedule recordings if I was on the LAN and went to the server by hostname.

Guest asrequested

$99 for a lifetime is an absolute steal! I'm amazed we aren't paying more. I don't think you appreciate how much these guys are doing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
junior novaes

Boa noite amigos, comprei a licença do primiere ontem, quero a ajuda de vcs na seguinte questao. é possivel transmitir canal aberto pelo primiere, e qual dvr usar para fazer essa configuraçao, e como fazer isso, tem algum manual, desde ja grato!

Boa noite amigos, comprei a licença do primiere ontem, quero a ajuda de vcs na seguinte questao. é possivel transmitir canal aberto pelo primiere, e qual dvr usar para fazer essa configuraçao, e como fazer isso, tem algum manual, desde ja grato!

Hi.  Sorry, but even with translation, I don't understand what you are asking here.  Perhaps a native speaker @@anderbytes could help..?

anderbytes

@@ebr, I'll try to help, if I can.

Junior, a função de Live TV prevê a configuração de algum serviço ou dispositivo como por exemplo o HDHomeRun, TVHeadEnd, MediaPortal, NextPVR ... mas normalmente são aqueles comercializados nos EUA (até onde sei). O mais perto que cheguei até hoje foi configurar um plugin de IPTV e apontar para canais online (não oficiais, ou seja, piratas), mas que não dá pra garantir que vão funcionar ou ficar disponíveis.

Até o atual momento eu não consegui achar uma forma de jogar um sinal aberto brasileiro no Emby, e acho que até mesmo o pago (Sky, NET) não suporta que o decoder envie para o Emby.

Sugiro que você leia mais aprofundamente (em inglês, infelizmente) os fóruns para entender o que o Emby permite, e fuçar bastante seus plugins de LiveTV. Se eu encontrar algum jeito no caminho, eu te aviso, mas eu não contaria com isso  :-/

Abs.

• Like 1

Junior, the Live TV function provides the configuration of any service or device such as HDHomeRun, TVHeadEnd, MediaPortal, NextPVR ... but those are usually marketed in the US (to my knowledge). The closest I came today was to set up an IPTV plugin and point to online channels (unofficial, or pirates), but that you can not guarantee it will work or be available.

Until the present moment I could not find a way to play a Brazilian open signal on Emby, and I think even the paid (Sky, NET) does not support the decoder to send Emby.

I suggest you read more aprofundamente (in English, unfortunately) forums to understand what Emby allows, rather tweak its LiveTV plugins. If I find some way down the road, I warn you, but I would not count on it: - /

anderbytes

Junior, the Live TV function provides the configuration of any service or device such as HDHomeRun, TVHeadEnd, MediaPortal, NextPVR ... but those are usually marketed in the US (to my knowledge). The closest I came today was to set up an IPTV plugin and point to online channels (unofficial, or pirates), but that you can not guarantee it will work or be available.

Until the present moment I could not find a way to play a Brazilian open signal on Emby, and I think even the paid (Sky, NET) does not support the decoder to send Emby.

I suggest you read more aprofundamente (in English, unfortunately) forums to understand what Emby allows, rather tweak its LiveTV plugins. If I find some way down the road, I warn you, but I would not count on it: - /

Let me adjust a little:

Junior, the Live TV feature provides the configuration of any service or device such as HDHomeRun, TVHeadEnd, MediaPortal, NextPVR ... but those are usually marketed in the US (AFAIK). Currently the closest I came was setting up an IPTV plugin and point to online channels (unofficial, or pirates), but that can't be guaranteed that it will work or be available.

Until the present moment I could not find a way to play a Brazilian open signal on Emby, and I think even the paid TV (Sky, NET) decoder is not supported by Emby.

I suggest you go and read deeply (in English, unfortunately) the forums to understand what Emby allows, dig up its LiveTV plugins. If I find some way down the road, I'll warn you, but I would not count on it: - /

Edited by anderbytes
  • Like 1

junior novaes

muito obrigado anderbytes.......vou na umildade continuar as pesquisas e testes qualquer coisa posto aki....obrigado a todos...DEUS abençõe.

anderbytes

muito obrigado anderbytes.......vou na umildade continuar as pesquisas e testes qualquer coisa posto aki....obrigado a todos...DEUS abençõe.

Ok. Boa sorte