Smart Playlists

Pelon

3 hours ago, Nick D_CA said:

I see this 8-year-old request hasn't been updated in 9 months. Any update on the progress or when we should look forward to this feature? 

Not yet but it's still on our radar. Hopefully soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

+1 To this, Smartplaylist could be a great solution for re watching series with a rule to Delete from playlist when played status is reached.

I could mark unwatched a series, but that breaks the trakt integration specially if you a seeing a series from multiple sources.

• Agree 1

• 5 weeks later...
bennymac

+1 to this. It's a great idea.

I've checked out the Smart List plugin and it seems to work ok but i was hoping for the playlist to be a library heading (instead of a "Collection") where i could feature Netflix, Amazon etc studios and other custom stuff. I couldn't get that to work accurately in the aforementioned plugin.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Really would love this feature, so i can create a list of unseen movies.

Strange this isnt added yet, and the request is open for soi long time now.

Hopefully soon....

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
seanfletcher255
On 7/15/2016 at 6:30 AM, Pelon said:

Be able to create playlist based on a certain criteria, like genre and or year, in order to create a dynamic playlist that it refreshes automatically when new content is added.

This way you can for example, create a tv comedy playlist from the 90's, or a new sci-fi Movies playlist.

Some other criteria for rules could be the rating, watched/unwantched, score, tags, language, audio codec, etc

The possibilities could be endless

Yes, in a way that makes it behave in a ui sense like a collection just my opinion

kylelmartin

Just adding my +1 here. Would add +100 if I could.

I just want to select a pile of unwatched shows and shuffle play them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
LuBuPursuer

Just here to show my support for this as well. The "Smart Playlists 2.0" Plugin by @ShanePis great and fulfills a lot of the requirements already. But the most important part is missing, and that's including the collections and playlists into the homescreen, so users can discover new and interesting content easily. (As well as the sorting functionality inside the collections/playlists!)

"Recently added" on the homescreen just doesn't cut it anymore, and i say this as a big emby fan and premiere user for years. We are slowly approaching 10 years since this feature request was brought up and we still don't have it on the horizon. It's quite disheartening to be honest. Maybe work with @ShanePto refine the plugin and include it into emby? He obviously has a solid base already. Obviously this would be a premiere feature.

I know that developing emby is hard and a lot of work, i appreciate Luke and the other devs a lot and i love supporting this project.
But i can't stress enough how much this feature would elevate emby to the next level for a lot of users.

• Like 3