Music displayed by MBID in "If you like"

Guest petwri

Guest petwri

So i got this thing going on.

9beb87d7c2cfd8d279673c630a65b861.jpg

When i look for those artists by name, they are listed by name, but browsing through the ui only displays the mbid. Ideas?

Happy2Play

What client and server version?

Don't see this behaviour in web client beta 3.1.59.0.

5780120b9ecc0_music.jpg

Guest petwri

On the web app, I see the same behaviour.

5780b49951f63_ScreenShot20160709at102054

Version is 3.0.5984.0, but it's been there for quite a long time, it started a few versions ago. Log File attached

server-63603656762.txt

Edited by petwri

Happy2Play

Can you post a screenshot of what appears it click edit on one of those Artists.

Happy2Play

Has it always been like this?  Is any of the music actually tagged?  Looks like Emby is just reading the folder title.  Does the mbid show in external ids on the metadata page?

Guest petwri

Has it always been like this?  Is any of the music actually tagged?  Looks like Emby is just reading the folder title.  Does the mbid show in external ids on the metadata page?

That music is tagged! It is there on the top level of browsing.

5780bd7e21f48_ScreenShot20160709at110114

Happy2Play

So it only shows mbid on "If you like xxxx" section.  Only thing I can think of is maybe try a refresh of Music library via the Metadata Manager.

Guest petwri

So it only shows mbid on "If you like xxxx" section. Only thing I can think of is maybe try a refresh of Music library via the Metadata Manager.

Yes, only there. Will do a library reset and rescan, try if that helps.

Edited by petwri

Guest petwri

So I did a full music library reset, upgraded to the latest version of emby server, still the same problem. Log file attached.

emby-server.zip

Edited by petwri

i wonder if your audio files have mbz id's in the places where we normally get artist names

we use ffprobe, not mediainfo, so that information doesn't really help us.

Happy2Play

@@Luke would this have anything to do with folder structure since Artist title is MBID (post #5)?

Will test this adding an artist by MBID.

Guest petwri

@@Luke would this have anything to do with folder structure since Artist title is MBID (post #5)?

Will test this adding an artist by MBID.

I hope this is not by intention, because I do not want to have to change my folder structure.

Happy2Play

Can you click on one of those artists in "If you like" as shown in post #3 and post a screenshot of what you get.  Is it not similar to this?

57816df9b5d1f_mbid.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

This appears to be the "If you Like" logic looks at artist.nfo <title> tag (in folder) and since your folder structure is folder by MBID that is what "If you Like" presents you.

From my test

Your structure creates dual artist metadata.  One located in media folder with folder title in <title> tag and another in Emby-Server\metadata\artists\ with proper information so that top level works.

Guest petwri

This appears to be the "If you Like" logic looks at artist.nfo <title> tag (in folder) and since your folder structure is folder by MBID that is what "If you Like" presents you.

From my test

Your structure creates dual artist metadata. One located in media folder with folder title in <title> tag and another in Emby-Server\metadata\artists\ with proper information so that top level works.

So I guess there will be a fix for that.

Happy2Play

@@Luke is the only one that could say, but post #19 explains the problem.  Yes it is reproducible but how many people store music in a folder by artist MBID? 

That would be why the wiki recommends Artist-album structure not MBID-? (are your albums by MBID also)?

Guest petwri

@@Luke is the only one that could say, but post #19 explains the problem. Yes it is reproducible but how many people store music in a folder by artist MBID?

That would be why the wiki recommends Artist-album structure not MBID-? (are your albums by MBID also)?

The motivation is pretty obvious, there are certain artists/albums which have characters in their names that cause problems with the filenames/filesystem. Therefore using mbids is less critical and also way clearer according uniqueness. I always thought the reason why tags were invented was not having to rely on filenames, which emby here sadly does.

Happy2Play

Manual fix is to correct the Artist Title.  This makes your MBID folder take priority over Emby-Server\metadata\artists folder.

578406d72e54b_structure.jpg

to

578406ed405ea_change.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play