Use imvdb.com for metadata for music videos

Ian-Highlander

Ian-Highlander

I know this has been mentioned before over the years, but nothing seems to have come of it so thought I'd mention it again incase it was possible.

I'm starting to build up quite a collection of music videos now and adding all the metadata manually is a pain in the rear end. I get the information from https://imvdb.com for most of it and they do have an api available for applications to use. The information for it is here https://imvdb.com/developers/api

Would it be possible to have this added for music videos please? Currently the only option in the metadata settings is TheMovieDB which, quite as expected, doesn't have information for any individual music videos on it at all, just some full concerts so is fairly useless for music videos as an option.

Pretty please with bells on?  :D

@@Luke @@ebr

Edited by Ian-Highlander
  • Like 2

Ian-Highlander

I'm more than happy to help test it if required.

It would probably need some other categories adding to the "People" section, for example.

The current setup is obviously just a duplicate of the Films metadata section (or may even be using it directly) and includes: Actor, Composer, Director, Guest Star, Producer, Writer.

Metadata from imvdb.com includes: Director, Director of photography, Editor, Production company, Choreographer, Producers, Record Label etc.

This makes it hard to have all the correct information with the current setup even when adding it manually.

Would be awesome if something can be done for this. :)

spootdev

This is the only music video api I've found that functions.  Too bad the fuzzy search goes a little overboard and returns a crazy amount of hits that one has to filter though.

I'll think about it - but don't set your hopes too high:

I love music videos, but what I'd reallly like to have is a feature where you can enter a search term and get instant results for streaming music videos (preferrably the "official" ones only, or at least having those positioned at the top). The search should be able to query multiple services - making it actually a meta-search for music videos.

This kind of feature could possibly implemented as a channel plugin, but it would at least require an extension to the channel interface to include a search feature...

Ian-Highlander

To be honest I'm not fussed about the searching part at all as our primary clients use WMC and searching on that is a pain and we never use external streaming on anything with Emby (everything is locally stored). I just simply want to be able to automate the pulling in of metadata for my locally stored copies of music videos, we generally only have "official" release videos, but store them locally but adding metadata to them manually is a royal pain in the neck.

Edited by Ian-Highlander

For me, the pain is sitting in front of the TV and operating youtube in a browser from a keyboard (with integrated touchpad). I would like to have a solution where I can enter search terms with the keyboard but where I do not have to move around the mouse pointer all the time... And ideally this should work from within WMC.

But this is just my personal interest. Of course your scenario is a very valid one as well!

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...