Can't tune in a certain channel

theniteow1
Go to solution Solved by JeremyFr79,

theniteow1

Hey @@krustyreturns I have a weird one here, not sure where to begin, but I have certain channel that won't tune in.  It's a major channel we watch all the time, now all the sudden for the last two days it refuses to tune in Channel 7, or 7.1.  I can tune in everything else except this one.  What's really odd is if I launch Widows Media Center directly, I can watch the channel fine through that. The channel is view able if I directly watch it from the cable channel plugged into the TV.  It just seems to be through ServerWMC somehow.  I have attached the logs, any idea what's causing this?

ServerWMC.log

JeremyFr79

Hey @@krustyreturns I have a weird one here, not sure where to begin, but I have certain channel that won't tune in.  It's a major channel we watch all the time, now all the sudden for the last two days it refuses to tune in Channel 7, or 7.1.  I can tune in everything else except this one.  What's really odd is if I launch Widows Media Center directly, I can watch the channel fine through that. The channel is view able if I directly watch it from the cable channel plugged into the TV.  It just seems to be through ServerWMC somehow.  I have attached the logs, any idea what's causing this?

Are you by chance in the greater Seattle area??

JeremyFr79

I ask because I had a similar issue and it ended up being a guide issue with Microsofts new guide provider that they switched to months ago.  What had happened were there were duplicates of the same channel number listed.  I had to uncheck the incorrect ones and once I did so everything worked fine again. 

theniteow1

I ask because I had a similar issue and it ended up being a guide issue with Microsofts new guide provider that they switched to months ago.  What had happened were there were duplicates of the same channel number listed.  I had to uncheck the incorrect ones and once I did so everything worked fine again. 

Interesting, no I'm in Denver.  I don't see any "duplicate" channels, but I can further investigate that.  Thanks for the tip.

Edited by theniteow1

• Solution
JeremyFr79

Interesting, no I'm in Denver.  I don't see any "duplicate" channels, but I can further investigate that.  Thanks for the tip.

The duplicates only showed in WMC where you go to "edit" your channel list, outside of that they didn't carry over to Emby or anything else.  It was odd to say the least and caused me some stress while trying to figure it out.

• Like 1

theniteow1

The duplicates only showed in WMC where you go to "edit" your channel list, outside of that they didn't carry over to Emby or anything else.  It was odd to say the least and caused me some stress while trying to figure it out.

Ok, good to know!

krustyreturns

It probably is due to a guide change like @@JeremyFr79 says.  In wmc go the screen where you can edit the channels, then edit the 'channel sources' for 7.1.  You will see way more sources then you have actual tuners, so uncheck the incorrect ones.  Remember that by default, when serverwmc tunes to a channel it picks the channel source at the bottom of the list rather then the top, so its these that are wrong.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
theniteow1

It probably is due to a guide change like @@JeremyFr79 says.  In wmc go the screen where you can edit the channels, then edit the 'channel sources' for 7.1.  You will see way more sources then you have actual tuners, so uncheck the incorrect ones.  Remember that by default, when serverwmc tunes to a channel it picks the channel source at the bottom of the list rather then the top, so its these that are wrong.

Gentlemen, I can confirm that this indeed was the issue.  My guide was completely changed, I had other items that needed attention too.  Thanks for helping me out on this!

JeremyFr79

Gentlemen, I can confirm that this indeed was the issue.  My guide was completely changed, I had other items that needed attention too.  Thanks for helping me out on this!

Glad you got it figured out.  Ever since MS changed from Zap2It to the new provider any time I have issues I go look at the guide in MC first they've been problematic to say the least....

• Like 1