Channel Icons All Deleted

DParsons

DParsons

I recently added channel icons to my channels/guide and they were there and looked nice for about a week and they have all since disappeared. Does anyone know any information regarding the icon feature of the channels/guide. I deleted the folder I had all of them in after they were there for a while and that seems to have coincided with them disappearing from Emby but they were uploaded so that doesn't make any sense so I'd like to ask if this has happened to anyone else. I am reluctant to add them again because it's a lot of work just to get them there.

I recently added channel icons to my channels/guide and they were there and looked nice for about a week and they have all since disappeared. Does anyone know any information regarding the icon feature of the channels/guide. I deleted the folder I had all of them in after they were there for a while and that seems to have coincided with them disappearing from Emby but they were uploaded so that doesn't make any sense so I'd like to ask if this has happened to anyone else. I am reluctant to add them again because it's a lot of work just to get them there.

I have had this similar issue for some time and have not deduced a way to repair it.  I used to have channel logos for each channel that were imported I believe by ServerWMC and would show up on android.  They disappeared.  I just installed Emby Theater to play with and noticed they don't show up there either.  I tried reload channels in ServerWMC and no change.

• Like 1

DParsons

I uploaded them manually one by one using the upload icon feature of 'Channels' on the Emby server, so I thought they would be safe there, in the cloud. I'm not aware of a backup feature but that looks like it would be good to have.

Kramerika

I'm not sure if this is the same as your issue, but if you are on the stable release of the server on Windows (5972), it may be fixed in the next update.  See this response to a similar issue that I am having with uploading custom channel icons and getting them to stick over time.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/34950-channel-icons/&do=findComment&comment=336182

Edited by Kramerika
  • Like 1

DParsons

It's possible. I reinstalled one icon several days ago, after the last server update, and it's still there but without a way to use a file (like Kodi's icon system) to upload them all at once, I'm not going to go to the trouble of uploading them again until I've seen this one icon persist for about a month.

Bert

It's possible. I reinstalled one icon several days ago, after the last server update, and it's still there but without a way to use a file (like Kodi's icon system) to upload them all at once, I'm not going to go to the trouble of uploading them again until I've seen this one icon persist for about a month.

Well I used ServerWMC to import all the logos originally but nothing happened when I tried to force it to do it again.

from emby's standpoint, there is no such thing as "trying to force it to do it again". on every single guide refresh it always compares channel icons to the incoming data, and adds new icons for channels that don't already have one.

Bert

Well specifically the steps I took were to "reload channels from WMC" from ServerWMC... with the import WMC channel icons when found box checked and then forced a guide refresh.  Sorry if I misrepresented.