Filters don't work properly

michael_stonebridge
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

michael_stonebridge

Hi there,

I have a problem with the latest versions of all branches of Emby, i.e., Version 3.1.3.0 (Beta), 3.1.5994.23945 (Dev) and 3.0.5973 (Stable). I'm using Windows as Server, and Linux/iOS as clients.

Emby is keeping track of the watched/unwachted status of episodes correctly. It also displays the corrent overlay (checkmark if all episodes watched, unwatched count or no overlay at all if tv show is empty).

So far so good. However, if I like to filter tv shows that are played/unplayed, the outcome makes no sense. Here is a screenshot after filtering "played":

574ca4052f719_played.jpg

and after filtering "unplayed":

574ca44401614_unplayed.jpg

In both cases I always get the same set of tv shows. But in both cases I get shows that are played and unplayed.

Does someone else have this issue? What could I do to resolve the issue? I tried cleaning the database, updating Emby, restarting Emby. I also tested different clients (Chrome, Firefox, iOS App).

Edited by michael_stonebridge

• Solution

Hi, it's temporarily a known issue. Those folder level filters got a little lost in the shuffle with all of the database improvements and will need to be re-implemented. thanks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Festivus Oz

Hi, it's temporarily a known issue. Those folder level filters got a little lost in the shuffle with all of the database improvements and will need to be re-implemented. thanks.

Luke to provide further detail on this, in my case Chrome has this error however using Microsoft Edge does not, however I have never been able to resume with MS Edge.

On a related note the last database and/or server upgrade broke DLNA filters on my LG 65LA6230. Resume in Movies and Resume, Next Up blank in TV. Also the watched and in progress status does not display for each episode or movie no longer displays in any view.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Luke to provide further detail on this, in my case Chrome has this error however using Microsoft Edge does not, however I have never been able to resume with MS Edge.

On a related note the last database and/or server upgrade broke DLNA filters on my LG 65LA6230. Resume in Movies and Resume, Next Up blank in TV. Also the watched and in progress status does not display for each episode or movie no longer displays in any view.

The filtering issue is database related. There's no way it could be working in one browser but not another.

Festivus Oz

The filtering issue is database related. There's no way it could be working in one browser but not another.

Hi Luke.

For your reference this is the Chrome filter with series completed in unplayed filter:

f71bef5dcc1758c5e88cdc8f5bd06125.jpg

And here is Edge with the unplayed filter showing only those series with unplayed in them:

6ca7932507a0ba9964065f5faf2044a0.jpg

I am running 3.0.5972 stable in a docker on Unraid. I hope this helps.

Were you aware of the DLNA changes? I will report in the DLNA section.

BTW this is excellent software. You guys are doing a great job.

Festivus Oz

Thank you :)

On second thought you were right. I believe I may have had a second user logged into Edge. Had another go with same screen resolutions and the results are the same. Apologies for the wild goose chase

17bf0f2f4a23fffb3c23d7aa7ffdcb7e.jpg

55a77071b7aa24a3488ccf51c5769a38.jpg

CBers

Hi Eric,

I was playing with the library grid view in the app last night on my NP and changed the setting to only display UNWATCHED, but I still had a load of watched items displayed.

I haven't used it for a while, as I tend to watch items from the Next Up TV list, so just wondered if this was a bug, or something I am overlooking.

I need to double-check it on the Shield tonight when I'm home, unless someone else can confirm in the interim.

Thanks.

If it was TV series then it is an issue with the current server.  See the posts about it in the web client.

CBers

It was my TV library, not a particular series.

I'll check out the Web Client forums.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Sure filter is still not working but doesn't Latest give the information you want?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
mobamoba

This actually isn't fixed FYI at least not in 3.1.5.0. If I go to TV then Shows in the web version then select Unplayed from the filter list, nothing happens - Emby displays everything regardless.

This actually isn't fixed FYI at least not in 3.1.5.0. If I go to TV then Shows in the web version then select Unplayed from the filter list, nothing happens - Emby displays everything regardless.

Update to the latest version of Emby Server.

mobamoba

post-40875-0-14346500-1474475316_thumb.pngAh well perhaps there's some other bug at play? Because Emby is reporting itself as being up to date (at least in the server Dashboard):

attachicon.gifdownload.pngAh well perhaps there's some other bug at play? Because Emby is reporting itself as being up to date (at least in the server Dashboard):

You're running a pre-release version that is designed for testing purposes, so yes, it's possible there was an issue at the time your particular version was released.

mobamoba

After the update, it marked everything as unwatched - it shows I have thousands of unwatched episodes (see screenshot). It's not merely listing the unwatched shows I actually have but seems to be listing every episode ever produced whether I own it or not. Is this a bug or a feature because I now have to go through literally every TV show and mark things as watched or not? Thanks

post-40875-0-23049400-1474476807_thumb.png