Afraid to ask this might be so stupid but...launch MBT with remote?

tobias-tobin

tobias-tobin

No problem.  I actually have an Amulet MCE remote (does voice).  But I am doing this for my setup downstairs for my wife which is just a standard MCE remote.  Thanks though.  tobias.

Nobody waste their time on this anymore.  I feel like I am stepping downward and downward in skill and logic on here.  I feel like I ask the dumbest questions.  Please don't waste your time with this. 

Granted, MBT should be launchable by remote, I would think.  But it sounds like most people have moved on to programmable remotes like Harmony and that is not an issue. 

I've asked so many beyond beginner questions on here I'm embarrassed.  I really don't want anyone to spend time on this. Although I greatly appreciate those of you like Simono5 for trying to help me.

I just need to get with the times.

*Updated*

BTW - the designer of AdvancedMCERemoteMapper really could implement some consideration for screen resolution.  I know what they did is an easy oversight, but at least implementing scrollbars when the form does not fit makes a big difference to people like me with a relatively low res tv.  I'd like to use that app but can't.  Wouldn't take but a few minutes to fix it.

Peace,

tobias.

No, this is NOT a waste of time.  I use a cheap MCE remote (VRC-1100 ~$15 on Amazon).  I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a Harmony remote when what I have works fine for most things.  I can't afford to spend any more on entertainment than I already have.  Besides, my wife is already comfortable using the MCE remote I have and changes in technology often lead to big arguments around my place...

I have come to learn that this particular remote (may be the same with yours) is not truly a "remote" as most would think of it, it is just a keypress emulator.  So many programs designed to work with "MCE Remotes" don't work with it.  I'm going to take a look at the "Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool" mentioned earlier, but I'm not holding my breath ;)

I too get frustrated with software design issues sometimes.  I guess a lot of people only use their computer/htpc with a monitor so they are sitting close.  I use mine with an LCD across the room from me, so I set the Windows font size to 150% so I can read things in Windows Explorer, etc.  Unfortunately that makes a lot of software packages freak out a little and puts buttons/text out of the viewable area of the software.  I can always switch back to standard text size, but that requires logging out and back in again, and then I have to go stand in front of the TV so I can read anything.

Here's a suggestion you may not have tried for the resolution issue with the remote mapper tool.  Do you have another computer on the same network with higher resolution?  If so, couldn't you just use Remote Desktop and change your options (before actually making the connection) so that the display is larger for your RD session?  Then you might be able to see the part of the software that is cut off.  If you've got a laptop you can do this with, even better so then you can sit in front with the remote at the same time.

simono5

I very much appreciate your help.  I have not line 13 nor a Start.  Interesting.  I'll take screenshot if you like.  Just not there.  And I would have tried to use this utility except I don't know what most of it means.  Majority that I do know, I don't want to change.  The rest are just D*.  I don't know what I am changing.

Here's screenshot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5274864/1-3-2014%205-06-05%20PM.png

Thanks.

Looking at the sceenshot it's recognising the numeric keys on the keypad.

Could you map one of these keys to launch MBT?