Batch convert DVR-MS to MKV

Savage13

Savage13

This isn't specifically an MB3 question but I'm asking because of MB3.  I use my HTPC to record TV and I already have it automatically converting everything to DVR-MS.  It seems like my HTPC coupled with MB3 doesn't handle transcoding DVR-MS all that well for me to watch my shows remotely.  Since this community is so well versed in all things audio/video I was hoping someone new of a simple program or program script combo that could automatically convert DVR-MS files to MKV with AC3 audio during the night.  Thanks in advance!

newfiend

You can try Handbrake, that might work. I haven't tried converting DVR-MS files with handbrake before but I think it should work. There is also Vidcoder that uses handbrake but has a little simpler to understand GUI. I would have a look at those and test a file and see if you get the desired results.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Savage13

I tried but couldn't get it to work.  The files pull up in video-redo seperately fine but couldnt get the auto processor to do anything.  

MceBuddy will do it and takes adverts out too

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

politby

I have struggled with this for years and essentially given up, because most of my recordings have DVB subtitles and I have found no software able to preserve them.

If there are any news on that front I am all ears.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk