Live TV - Cancelling Future Recording Bug

Pancho

Emby Server - Version 3.0.5871.0  (running under Unraid 6.1.8 docker on 128GB SSD)

Nvidia Shield TV - Android 6.0

Android TV - 1.1.49g  

TV - HDHomeRun

I believe I have found a bug with Live TV recordings.   When I setup a TV show to record in the future (ex. Parks & Recreation) and then decide to cancel this recording (by clicking on the Record button), I select the back button (on my remote) to get to the MAIN screen of emby and I am presented with a blank GREY screen.   I have hit back multiple times, with no change (same blank Grey screen - the Emby interface never returns).     I am unable to force stop the application, I literally have to reboot the Shield to get back into it.  I have tested with multiple different shows different networks, same result.  

I never tested this on Android 5.1. to see if the same issue occured, only here on 6.0.  Anyone else encounter this?

Pancho

You shouldn't have to reboot the Shield.  Just go into the Apps section of settings and force-close the emby app.

Was the item you canceled the only one being displayed on a particular row on the screen you came from?

When I selected 'force-close' within APPS, the Force close option never went away (as it should when an app is stopped).  I selected it multiple times with no luck, same 'force-stop stays.   I tried to restart Emby but am presented with the same blank grey screen (that is when I rebooted it).  When I did cancel the show, it was indeed the only item on that line (see attachment).

post-688-0-50188200-1456254230_thumb.png

Yeah, okay then that is another of those infuriating framework display bugs I need to try and hack around.  Thanks.

It appears that I have found another one of your 'infuriating framework bugs'.     When I use Voice search to find a movie title to play, I find the title no problem.  I can also play the movie without issue as well.   However, if I stop the movie, and then use voice search again, all I am returned with is another blank Grey screen.   I have to reboot the Shield to get back into Emby.

Pancho

That could be something else and just a situation that hasn't been tested.  I'll check.

Also, if you can join the open beta, I will have a beta out later today that may address some of the framework crashes.

I'm already signed up for the beta tester program and will keep you posted if the new version helps with the framework issues.

Thanks!

Installed 1.1.50 here this afternoon.   Unfortunately, after the update I am seeing multiple framework (grey screens) all over application now.  I also receive the dialog box  'Emby isn't responding.   Do you want to close it?   Here are some examples:

• Open a recorded TV show 
  • Choose a Live TV channel to watch (any channel)
  • Resume a previously played movie
  • From main screen - choose voice search 
  • Play a music track

I also cleared the cache and re-tried, same results.

Pancho

Edited by Pancho

Is anyone else seeing these problems?  I did all of those things before putting up the beta.

Can you try re-booting the Shield?

Cleared the cache again and rebooted the shield, unfortunately I have the same results.     On additional item I notice.  I am connected to the server when I'm browsing, however when I select one of the items above (ex. start a movie), as soon I see the grey screen I am immediately disconnected from the server.

Edited by Pancho

Okay, I know what this is.  Anyone on 6.0 is going to need to back up to the production release of 1.1.46.

I've definitely fixed the crash on search but I cannot reproduce the crash on playback with my Nexus Player and I don't know what that one is.  Perhaps the Shield is behaving differently than the NP somehow.

I'm going to put up a new beta if one of you guys is brave enough to try it out and see if the playback crash still occurs.

Thanks.

It went up a while ago.  No way of telling when it will actually be available so just watch for it.

Nvidia Shield TV - 6.0 Installed

Downloaded the new beta 1.1.51g here tonight.    Same 'grey screen' issues occur whenever I try to play anything (recorded TV show, Live TV program, Movie, Music).     Rebooted, cleared the cache,  no luck.   I have no issue browsing the interface only when I attempt to play/view something that generates the error.

Edited by Pancho

Oh goodie, it's not just me.

Same problem with 1.1.51g on a 6.0 Shield. Was working fine after the Shield updated to 6.0 last week, but an update to Emby since then is causing the problem. Navigation is fine, but any video I try to play (both h264 and h265) results in the grey and the app has to be force quit.

CBers

I've definitely fixed the crash on search but I cannot reproduce the crash on playback with my Nexus Player and I don't know what that one is. Perhaps the Shield is behaving differently than the NP somehow.

I'm going to put up a new beta if one of you guys is brave enough to try it out and see if the playback crash still occurs.

1.1.51 working OK on my NP.

Will check Shield next.