CoverArt throwing error from offline UNC path

crashkelly

crashkelly

Hi,

Just trying to get some of my media collection back up and running and I am getting an error from CoverArt for an offline UNC path.

When  I try to create a new profile in CovertArt I get the error presented in the attached image.

I have also attached the log that is created when doing the above.

I am using a 4-bay caddy but have gone through all of my drives 4 at a time and put them back into media browser server. I have let the scan media library fully complete each time. My collections show up in the web interface with most of them just being marked as "Offline".

Thanks

post-104-0-80181500-1387507869_thumb.gif

server-63523079045.log

There isn't really anything we can say to answer that. the server is failing to access \\main\Blu-Rays_2$. Only the person who administers your environment can figure that out, which in all likelihood is you

crashkelly

There isn't really anything we can say to answer that. the server is failing to access \\main\Blu-Rays_2$. Only the person who administers your environment can figure that out, which in all likelihood is you

Okay, I figured the error was being thrown because that UNC path that is part of a collection is offline because the drive is not in the caddy. There are three other UNC path that are part of collections that are not present either but they are not causing an error in covert art.

I will tinker to see if I can come up with anything else

Thanks

EDIT: Should probably clarify that I am not trying to create a profile for a drive that is not in the caddy. This occurs as soon as I click the "+" to create a new profile.

Edited by crashkelly

crashkelly

I think, if we are to support this situation, it will have to be handled in the core.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for being a bit thick this morning, but what is causing the issue?

When I click the "+" I get the error and then nothing else is accepted into CoverArt. For example if after the error I paste in a correct UNC path for the profile and make changes to covers or whatever those changes are not registered.

Totally understand if offline drives are not totally supported and I am just trying to figure out how far I can go with the setup before issuers will come up.

Thanks again

CA is asking the server for a list of locations within your libraries and that routine is throwing an error because of the off-line location.  We can probably handle it pretty easily in the server routine.

crashkelly

CA is asking the server for a list of locations within your libraries and that routine is throwing an error because of the off-line location.  We can probably handle it pretty easily in the server routine.

That is what I figured and thank you for the confirmation of that.

Would be great if it could be handled as I am sure there are others, not a lot though :), that have similar situations. Thankfully mine is only temporary, few months but still temporary.

Thanks again