Kodi Krypton

Wheemer

Wheemer

Hello;

I was previously on the Kodi nightlies and was happy to update often.

Since Kodi 17 Krypton came out I am unable to update because Emby is no longer compatible with it.

When will compatibility be added? From what I have found it is not a lot of work.

Thanks

xnappo

It will be supported once it hits RC.

See this post if you want to chase it yourself:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30324-yall-are-killing-it/&do=findComment&comment=291447

Note that the latest beta already has some of the changes needed.

I really don't understand why people not doing development work use alphas/nightlies 'in production'.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 2

mellomade
I really don't understand why people not doing development work use alphas/nightlies 'in production'.

I am currently goofing around with Kodi on the new Apple TV 4 - and it is based on Krypton only.  Which BTW works pretty well with Emby for Kodi so far....

Edited by mellomade

xnappo

Yep - and that is fine.  Just don't complain if it breaks on the next build (which I know you would not).

Wheemer

I run the nightlies to help test the next version of Kodi. I report problems to help make it more stable.

Isn't that the main reason anybody runs them? It makes me feel like at least I am contributing something.

I found the changes that need to be made and I attempted it previously. However I did not have any luck getting it to work.

Considering how the changes are not that much I was hoping they would be included already.

xnappo

We do change the code to work with the nighties, but not every night :)

We will only promise it will work when they reach RC.  It should probably work when they hit beta.  It might work with a nightly.

period.

• Like 2

Wheemer

I see that the only file that still needs editing is the utils.py

I am modifying that and testing currently.

xnappo

Feel free - just realize that tomorrow the database may change and it will break.  That is why i posted the instructions for people who want to try..

Wheemer

This is working fine, the only problem now is everytime Ebmy updates I have to re perform the code edits.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
im85288

Just to clarify for anyone reading, you are NOT waiting for Emby to follow you are waiting for one of the contributors (who do so in their own free time) to add this for you. This is NOT an official Emby product, it is developed 100% by people in their own free time.

If you need the feature added to the addon, submit a Pull Request so that others will benefit and you will add your own contribution to this community addon.

Complaining about having to wait will not get what you want done quicker.

• Like 3

skank

This is working fine, the only problem now is everytime Ebmy updates I have to re perform the code edits.

Ask for a pull request?

xnappo

It is a single line edit.  We are purposefully not editing the line to turn it on for the masses, because it could break at any time and we don't want to support it on a daily basis.

Edited by xnappo

mguebert

I know this is supported and I am not complaining. But I was hoping someone could take a look at this error log. I am using the updated Utils.py file with the 104 db. I am using V17 because of the MVC support in the 17 alpha.

11:00:12 T:3088   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unknown addon id 'plugin.video.metaman'.
11:00:12 T:3088   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unknown addon id 'plugin.video.metaman'.
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 28, in <module>
                                                import kodimonitor
                                              File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\kodimonitor.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                import playbackutils as pbutils
                                              File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\playbackutils.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                import playlist
                                              File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\playlist.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                import read_embyserver as embyserver
                                              File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\read_embyserver.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                class Read_EmbyServer():
                                              File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\read_embyserver.py", line 16, in Read_EmbyServer
                                                limitIndex = int(utils.settings('limitindex'))
                                              File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\utils.py", line 68, in settings
                                                return xbmcaddon.Addon(id='plugin.video.metaman').getSetting(setting) #returns unicode object
                                            RuntimeError: Unknown addon id 'plugin.video.metaman'.
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:00:15 T:32  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
11:00:15 T:32  NOTICE: Saving settings
11:00:15 T:32  NOTICE: stop all
11:00:15 T:32  NOTICE: stop player
11:00:15 T:32  NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
11:00:15 T:32  NOTICE: stopping upnp
11:00:15 T:32  NOTICE: WebServer: Stopped the webserver
11:00:15 T:4544  NOTICE: ES: UDP Event server stopped
11:00:16 T:32  NOTICE: clean cached files!
11:00:16 T:32  NOTICE: closing down remote control service
11:00:16 T:32  NOTICE: stopped
11:00:16 T:32  NOTICE: destroy
11:00:16 T:32  NOTICE: unload skin
11:00:16 T:32  NOTICE: unload sections
11:00:16 T:32  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
11:00:16 T:32  NOTICE: application stopped...
11:00:16 T:32   ERROR: dllFreeLibrary - Invalid hModule specified

Angelblue05

There may be more than one place you'll have to fix this in utils.py so it's plugin.video.emby instead of plugin.video.metaman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
skank

euh

how do i get this

i installed latest beta

and when using krypton it says emby doesnt work wrong database version

what do i need ?

• 1 month later...