Stuck at "Gathering movies from view: Movies..."

mbguy

I have been running Emby on Kodi (v1.1.76) without problems for the past little while until I did a Kodi local database reset yesterday.

No settings have been changed on Emby Server. Playing back via web browser is fine, Roku playback is fine, Emby for iOS plays nicely too.

When launching Kodi for the first time after resetting Emby databse and settings, I would get dialog that Emby server is detected successfully, and a choice of direct path and addon options are provided. I have tried both but each method just results in the status: "Gathering movies from view: Movies..."

Unlike previous scans, where I always saw the number of files/movies/shows being scanned, but this time progress bar doesn't even move. What could be causing this? Anyway to fix this?

Angelblue05

Post your log? It's doing what it's saying, it's gathering movies otherwise. How big is your Movies library?

hehe, I sound like a parrot, because I always have to ask for people to post their logs...Post-your-log! post-your-log?!  :rolleyes:

I will check to see if I can maybe adjust the gathering movies to reflect the progress.

Edited by Angelblue05

I have about 1000 movies in the library, so it should take some time, but without the progress bar, it's hard to tell whether it's stuck or it's still running. I remember the previous versions of Emby shows the countdown of movies being scanned/added.

I wish I could upload my log, but XBMC Log Uploader doesn't work on my Kodi 15.2, so the moment Jarvis is finalized, I am going to reformat the whole thing and upgrade to Jarvis which hopefully will solve my XBMC log uploader problem.

Is the progress bar supposed to move while it's in "Gathering movies from view: Movies..." status?

Edited by mbguy
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

No, It's not. :) I'll look to add the progress bar for gathering. It won't be very specific but at least it'll give more info. Yeah, it should take you a little bit to gather your movies. You'll still get the progress when the movies are actually processed.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

hmm, the initial sync has ran for more than 9 hours but it's still tuck at the same spot of "Gathering movies from view: Movies..." so I'm guessing the sync has failed?

Maybe I'll try using the direct plugin method.

Hmm, I quit Kodi and relaunch it again, this time immediately after sync starts, I get:

Can't validate path. Kodi can't locate file: smb://serve/....

Verify the path. You may to verify your network credentials in the add-on settings or use the emby path substitution to format your path correctly. Stop syncing?

So I went back to Network Credentials again, re-entered it, relaunched Kodi, and let the sync run again. Finally there is no Path Validation error message but again it's back to "Gathering movies from view: Movies..." I will just let it process for a few hours to see it makes a difference this time.

Angelblue05

@@mbguy

Ok, install this build. I've removed the throttled because it's causing your issue. So if your initial sync crashes, just go to the add-on settings > sync option > change the value of items retrieved at once (lower the value by 50 and so on), restart Kodi between attempts, until it stops crashing. Basically what happens when it crashes, is that we request too many items from your server and it's not able to respond within the timeout limit of 30 seconds. Readjusting the number allows your server to successfully respond in time. This is what the throttle was for, but I will review the code and re implement it at a later time, since it's not functioning.

Let me know how it goes. It also includes an update for the progress dialog for gathering items, so you should see the percent progress during that phase.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Thanks Angelblue05, the latest build finally worked!

In fact it's the fastest sync I've ever experienced so far, it finished my 1000+ movies and 25 TV shows within about half an hour! Samba playback and direct path all worked perfectly! I didn't even have to readjust the sync option :)

The progress dialog made it so much better too, now there is countdown and the name of the shows being synced too, perfect! :wub:

• Like 3