Emby fails to start because side-by-side config incorrect

trancemitr

trancemitr

Emby was working just fine the day before yesterday, but I noticed it didn't startup today.  I looked for the icon at the bottom right of the screen, and it wasn't there.  I then tried starting it up manually.  When I did that I got an error stating the following:

"C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Serv...\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details."

I can't get to the event log because I can't open the program.  Any ideas of what I can do to fix the issue?

Interesting, never heard of this error message before, but I would try watching this youtube video because it looks like it has a possible fix:

Let us know how it goes, thanks.

• 1 year later...
Maximus Naxsus

Interesting, never heard of this error message before, but I would try watching this youtube video because it looks like it has a possible fix:

Let us know how it goes, thanks.

Luke, I seem to have the same issue. The video, am I wrong or is it nothing more then 'reinstall to solve the problem' - type of video?