Trying to Update ServerWMC = Spinning Wheel of Doomr

davefmurray

davefmurray

Howdy all,

Recently installed again and everything is ripping. ServerWMC runs on another machine in the network. Each time I try to update the settings I get this wheel that will never go away nor will the settings save.

14T59.gif

Any tips or suggestions?

krustyreturns

Since the screenshot he posted says Emby instead of MediaBrowser I think he has the latest plugin, strange that it is not saving.  @@davefmurray you can always just edit the xml file directly, its path is:

%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\configurations\wmc2mb.xml

davefmurray

Since the screenshot he posted says Emby instead of MediaBrowser I think he has the latest plugin, strange that it is not saving.  @@davefmurray you can always just edit the xml file directly, its path is:

Nice, I will give this a try. Thanks!

davefmurray

Actually, maybe that is part of the issue? No xml config is there.

1cuYq.gif

I just installed the plugin to test.

The config page sends the data to save just fine, but the server throws a 500 error on a SocketException. I don't have the ServerWmc app installed. So it appears the plugin is probably trying to validate the connection.

Please make sure the ServerWmc application is installed and running, and reachable from the above configured address. Then try again. Thanks.

krustyreturns

I just released a new version of the plugin (1.0.0.67) that posts an error message in this situation when swmc is unreachable.  Thanks for the help @@Luke.