ISO-Files

JoachimGR

JoachimGR

Hello,

I know it's very difficult to handle ISO-Files. Most the times emby plays the correct vob-File from the ISO, but sometimes it goes wrong. Then emby starts witrh the menu, but most of the Apps can't handle menus. In other cases emby plays only the first VOB-file of a movie and stops then.

Perhaps ist possible to add an optional txt-file to the path for every movie that can't played correct. For example if the iso-file names movie.iso an optional txt-file movie.cfg

This file contains with which vob the movie starts (for example VTS_01_1.vob) and which vobs belongs to the movie (VTS_01_1.vob, VTS_01_2.vob, VTS_01_3.vob and so on)

emby looks for this file and if it find one it knows, how to Play the movie correct.

Joachim

How would a user correctly discover that information to create that file?

Wouldn't it just be easier to rip it into a straight video file (and gain all the other benefits of doing that)?

JoachimGR

It' very simple. Just open the ISO with the Windows-Explorer and open the VOBs with VLC. Then you can see waht happens.

I've nearly 2000 ISOs. And the benefit of an ISO is that I have the menu and all bonus if I play it in Kodi. Kodi is my App for home use. Emby I need for streaming for my daughters and if I on the road.

Deathsquirrel

Emby gives you consistent menu formats, full support for extras, allows excluding of auto-run trailers, ads, and warnings, and the UI is dramatically faster than most dvd\blu-ray menus.

Your system provides the opposite with the added benefit of being a rapidly dying format for pc playback and all the general incompatibility that comes with.

Unless you are a developer that can build this or know one that wants the same feature, it's almost certainly not going to happen.  I strongly recommend converting the ISOs to a more usable format.  MakeMKV can rip an iso to files in the time it takes to copy the file and there are batch converters.

The end goal is good (correct playlist), but the method you're proposing is too difficult for the average user. We're open to other suggestions though.