Playon Plugin

Sammy

Okay. Trailers seem to stream just fine for me using MPC-HC but I'll learn to live with it. MS really blew it on WMC. Properly marketed with continued support and upgrades it would have been a fantastic product but I'm sure that the DRM people didn't want it continued..

snazy2000

Im glad your issue is resolved, I have seen lots of issues with WMC and channels they are lot better than they used to be but I feel WMC is a dieing platform and Emby's own apps / Kodi with Emby integration is the best!

Im glad your issue is resolved, I have seen lots of issues with WMC and channels they are lot better than they used to be but I feel WMC is a dieing platform and Emby's own apps / Kodi with Emby integration is the best!

While I agree it is on the end of life with exclusion from W10 and actually having features scrubbed from it, it is still the only option for DRM CATV content using a Cable Card. Hopefully that will change soon. Silicon Dust is working on it as is JRiver. Will Emby ever embrace this?

I have it all set up and it works albeit a little slow on the load times. Is there a way to speed that up?

Also, @@snazy2000 or @@Luke or @@ebr, does PlayOn stream direct to the client (say web client away from the local network) from the source (say Netflix) or does it take the video in from the source through the server, transcode it and then stream it to the client. Is there a difference if the client is on the LAN or if it is over the internet?

Thanks.

As MPC-HC is the most versatile player for Windows out there, I'm perplexed as to why this is an issue. I'd like to utilize it because of the advanced settings available via MadVR to upscale lower resolution video. Having to set it for mkv only sort of defeats that purpose as most, if not all, my mkv's are Blu-ray rips at full resolution. My whole purpose here is to create a unified player in WMC with a decent on demand library as to date WMC is still the only viable option for DRM copy-protected CATV content. Can this be fixed in Emby? Can MadVR (LAV too) be loaded in the native WMC player?

Thank for all your assistance, Luke!

No, we've been down that road before and we're unlikely to spend any more time on it. It might be a versatile player in the htpc sense, but it is not really designed for streaming and transcoded formats.

Would it be better to use Emby Theater and load WMC from there rather than the classic way of loading EMC from WMC??

As MPC-HC is the most versatile player for Windows out there, I'm perplexed as to why this is an issue. I'd like to utilize it because of the advanced settings available via MadVR to upscale lower resolution video. Having to set it for mkv only sort of defeats that purpose as most, if not all, my mkv's are Blu-ray rips at full resolution. My whole purpose here is to create a unified player in WMC with a decent on demand library as to date WMC is still the only viable option for DRM copy-protected CATV content. Can this be fixed in Emby? Can MadVR (LAV too) be loaded in the native WMC player?

Thank for all your assistance, Luke!

No, we've been down that road before and we're unlikely to spend any more time on it. It might be a versatile player in the htpc sense, but it is not really designed for streaming and transcoded formats.

Would it be better to use Emby Theater and load WMC from there rather than the classic way of loading EMC from WMC??

I have it all set up and it works albeit a little slow on the load times. Is there a way to speed that up?

Also, @@snazy2000 or @@Luke or @@ebr, does PlayOn stream direct to the client (say web client away from the local network) from the source (say Netflix) or does it take the video in from the source through the server, transcode it and then stream it to the client. Is there a difference if the client is on the LAN or if it is over the internet?

Thanks.

I believe it is going direct. I'm playing netflix at 1080p / 40Mbps through PlayOn over the internet right now. My upload speeds are not 40Mbps.

I didn't notice before but PlayOn for Emby doesn't have a resume function nor does it have some of the controls available in the web based netflix video player. Any chance these can happen? WAF would be low due to these issues, at least the resume function.