127 replies to this topic

#121 hatharry OFFLINE  

hatharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Local time: 11:47 PM

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:33 AM

This was due to the version numbering. The script has been updated to download stable releases only

• Spotta likes this

#122 chjohans OFFLINE  

chjohans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Local time: 07:47 PM

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:21 AM

Great, thanks hatharry!

Your script is a godsend for those of use that's running Emby as a service. Thank you for keeping it up to date!

• Spotta likes this

#123 chjohans OFFLINE  

chjohans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:42 PM

@hatharry I don't think this works as intended, I updated teh script on both my servers (running server v 4.0.0.2) and none of them updated to the latest server r 4.0.1.0. Unless the news post re this version is not correct, I didn't manually install to check the version.

#124 chjohans OFFLINE  

chjohans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:15 AM

@hatharry - I found the problem.

This line:

#requires –runasadministrato

should be:

#requires -runasadministrator

Not sure why a "dash" has been replaced with those three characters, but I've seen exactly the same error a few times before when downloading your script. So I actually made it a habit to check this, except this time I forgot all about it since it's so long since I've downloaded an update. This is also why I haven't scheduled an update() task for your script.

It works fine now, thanks again!

#125 jeffshead OFFLINE  

jeffshead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Local time: 07:47 AM

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:45 PM

The previous version of the updater script kept updating Emby to the latest beta so I updated to the latest release of the script but it is not updating Emby. If I manually run my Windows Task, I do get a '0x0' but Emby does not update.

I see that there are some new switches. Can someone please tell me the proper way to set up the Windows task? Does it now require an API key and/or server URL?

This is what I currently have for my Windows Task action and it worked with the previous version:

Progarm/script:

Powershell.exe

Arguments:

-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -file "C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\updater\EmbyServiceUpdater.ps1"

Edited by jeffshead, 29 April 2019 - 09:10 PM.

#126 hatharry OFFLINE  

hatharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:55 PM

An Emby api key and url is now required. The api key can be created in, advanced menu, security.  Then run:

.\EmbyServiceUpdater.ps1 -ApiKey "YOUR_API_KEY" -ServerUrl "http://YOUR_SERVER_URL:PORT" -InstallTask

#127 jeffshead OFFLINE  

jeffshead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Local time: 07:47 AM

Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:21 PM

An Emby api key and url is now required. The api key can be created in, advanced menu, security.  Then run:

.\EmbyServiceUpdater.ps1 -ApiKey "YOUR_API_KEY" -ServerUrl "http://YOUR_SERVER_URL:PORT" -InstallTask

Thank you!

Edited by jeffshead, 29 April 2019 - 10:27 PM.

#128 hatharry OFFLINE  

hatharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:34 PM

Just run the command in powershell. It should overwrite the task with new arguments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users