Empty InfoLabels

dynostatic

dynostatic

There appear to be some InfoLabels that are empty depending on where a movie was launched from. This only occurs when using emby plugin paths. The problem goes away when using direct paths as set through the addon config.

Kodi 15.2 (also tried Jarvis nightly B1)

Emby Addon 1.1.59

Skin Aeon MQ 6 3.2.0

Windows 10 (also tried OS X)

The debug log doesn't show any errors when starting a movie with either path setting.

Example 1:

• Launch movie from a list view
  • VideoPlayer.Cast and VideoPlayer.CastAndRole are empty on DialogFullScreenInfo ( I didn't test any other labels )

Example 2:

• Launch same movie from DialogVideoInfo
  • Movie poster image is empty, but Cast/CastAndRole are populated on DialogFullScreenInfo

dynostatic

Example 1 happens when launching from a widget on the homescreen or from main movie list (Main Menu -> Movies).

Example 2 happens when launching from the video info window (key command "I" on highlighted item from movie list). The skin provides a play button on this window.

Angelblue05

I will have to test. I'll let you know. I know we are using a bit of a workaround for plugin paths which may cause this issue on homescreen. However it should be fine within the library mode, because it simply takes the information from the content and Kodi automatically assigns the infolabels.

Do you mind grabbing screenshots for both scenarios?

dynostatic

Here are some screenshots...

Launch from Library

56466829a6a73_Launch_Library.png

Launch from Video Info

56466839ea028_Launch_DialogVideoInfo.png

Emby Direct Path Setting (Correct)

5646684973e5e_Direct_Path_Correct.png

Plugin Path - Launch from Library

56466857ea822_Plugin_Path_Launch_From_Li

Plugin Path - Launch from Video Info

56466869b900c_Plugin_Path_Launch_From_Di

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Angelblue05

Alright, after three days of trying to resolve this issue, I was unsuccessful. 

I managed to fix the missing artwork when launching via the info dialog, but when playing from library, the cast is missing. I didn't notice the issue previously, since Aeon Nox doesn't display cast in the video osd. I managed to make cast display in Aeon MQ6 when launching via the library, however the same fix breaks the video osd in Aeon Nox. At this time, it doesn't look like it will be possible to make cast display in library mode. :(

So your "solution" with the next beta would be to change your play action in Kodi to open the info dialog. If you play from there, all the metadata will display, including artwork+cast.

I will let you know once the beta is released, so you can try it out.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@dynostatic

Please test beta 1.1.63 and let me know if it's working for you.

Cast should display, however do note that when resuming, the OSD is wonky, especially when launched from widget. Otherwise, it should display correctly.

dynostatic

I just had a chance to test with 1.1.69, and everything is working as you described. Thanks for your work on this.

I did notice a seperate issue with the new beta. I'll start a new thread with the info.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Hopefully someday, this can be resolved Kodi side. I might have to learn C++ to attempt to understand why manually setting artwork and metadata does not work half the time (for the information to present in the OSD).

Edited by Angelblue05