Advanced Intros Plug In Gone?

pmt257

The core features covers the needs of the vast majority of people. It's too much for us to support and maintain two different ways of accomplishing the same thing.

DrWatson

Surely if a plugin is folded into the core it should have feature parity (or more). I don't see the point of putting it in the core with less functionality.

Two steps forward - one step back -  seems to be the Emby way atm.

There's too many options in the plugin that the vast majority of people never use.  The core feature is designed to have simple setup with only a few clicks to get up and running. Once we rolled that out the usage of the plugin began to plummet. It is what it is. If more people were using the plugin, then we would have reconsidered. Similarly, if there is enough demand, then some of those features could find their way back into the core version, but so far we just haven't seen that.

DrWatson

What I have always liked about Emby / Mediabrowser is the flexibility it had for simple set up coupled with the ability for more complex setup if the user wanted thus the name advanced intros plugin. I understand dev time is important but i have to say the gradual dumbing down (read feature loss substituted for ease of setup)  of everything Emby is Starting to bug me.

​But hey it is not my project or my time so my opinion is obviously as unimportant as the features lost.

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

What I have always liked about Emby / Mediabrowser is the flexibility it had for simple set up coupled with the ability for more complex setup if the user wanted thus the name advanced intros plugin. I understand dev time is important but i have to say the gradual dumbing down (read feature loss substituted for ease of setup)  of everything Emby is Starting to bug me.

​But hey it is not my project or my time so my opinion is obviously as unimportant as the features lost.

As Luke just said, if there is demand the dev time may follow but when they offered the basic function as a core feature almost everyone stopped using the plugin.

It was a plugin, you can rebuild it if you have the skills or can find interested developers.

What I have always liked about Emby / Mediabrowser is the flexibility it had for simple set up coupled with the ability for more complex setup if the user wanted thus the name advanced intros plugin. I understand dev time is important but i have to say the gradual dumbing down (read feature loss substituted for ease of setup) of everything Emby is Starting to bug me.

​But hey it is not my project or my time so my opinion is obviously as unimportant as the features lost.

I completely agree with this ^^^

But hey it is not my project or my time so my opinion is obviously as unimportant as the features lost.

While I am replying to Doc, I am not trying to single anyone out. Every time I see a thread similar to this, not just here, I wonder why it always goes to "I (and/or my opinions) don't matter" when really it is a matter of complexity and the ability to maintain services/features.

I recommend you be more specific what features you used that are no longer available. I don't use intros since I am more about playing the main content ASAP - so I don't know what features either the old plug-in or the new built in options had. Your opinion cannot be "ignored" if you aren't actually stating it - "I want my plug-in back" isn't an opinion, it is a demand. I'm interested in WHY you want it back, specifically what is missing that the plug-in designed.

If you start a feature discussion/request about what you would like to see wrt intros - focusing on the things you used in the past but cannot do now - people can discuss and Like the topic lending more weight to reintroducing those elements either as a plug-in or as core features. People stopped using it when specific features were moved to the core product, which means they either didn't want the added features or didn't know. It is either that or finding a developer to adopt the plug-in - this is Open Source and I am sure as long as there are no issues, the Emby team would be fine with that.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24379-Advanced-Intros-not-working

[*]if you choose to have 2 or more trailers play are you guaranteed to get any from your collection? i would like to have one or more from internet trailers and one or more from my collection

[*]i would also like to have static intros before each of the above

best thing to do is submit separate feature request topics. community members will then participate, and that will allow us to measure the demand.

• 1 month later...

I've posted a feature request for advanced intros features to be implemented to cinema mode. Please go to it and post your support. I agree with the feeling of " 2 steps forward, one step back". Used to use mediaportal but changed to Emby because of better customisation. It's slowly being diluted. Thinking of looking at alternatives now or back to mediaportal.

• 1 month later...

Bummer, i liked the advanced intros as I could specify an intro to the sound format.

you might be in luck because that's the one part that is pretty popular and has a good chance of being added to the core cinema mode feature.