Fresh Install ...some metadata changes questions

XiaNYdE
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

So i just did a fresh install of Emby Server and afterwards i am seeing some changes in metadata/images compared to the MB3/Emby setup i had a couple of days ago.

Firstly i was lost as no .xml files were being generated before working out Emby has decided .nfo files were the preferred option, and .xml was now a plug-in, installed it and my .xml files were being created again, happy days for me :P Now i am a bit lost as to what's going on with images, previously in a tv season a metadata folder was generated and both the .xml files and episode .jpg were stored in there using the format <episode title>.ext. After the new install it was not creating the metadata folder at all until i installed the .xml plugin, however i can't get the episode screenshots to go to it, instead the are being saved in the season folder with a -thumb appended (<episode title>-thumb.jpg), could someone please tell me why this is so? Is there a setting i am missing?? I have some serious OCD kicking in telling me it's messy, fix it lol I've also noticed other changes like covers are now being saved as poster.ext instead folder.ext.

I figure the fresh install has made core changes that i still had in place, as my previous install had been done a year ago and looked like the MB3/Emby hybrid i mentioned earlier, but if there is a setting i have missed or something i can change in an emby .xml file to get things back to the way i had them before, please share.