Update from beta to new stable version not working

Bert-KS
Go to solution Solved by Raff,

Hello All,

I've just downloadad and updated my server to the new stable version 3.0.5724.3. I was using the beta versions before.

After loging in (or better trying to login), it seems the server has completely reset and does not read my former config anymore, it just starts from scratch. The 'new' server does not remember any users, any settings, plugins and configuration at all. It looks like it's been setting up a brand new server. Even the supporter subscription is not active any more in it :wacko::blink::unsure::angry::(:mellow::huh:

It took the server an unusal long time to install, so I left the computer on over night and this morning it has started the server but nothing configured.

Attached is the update-logfile. It says it could not access this location? it just works fine without any problems though.

Is there any way I can get my old server settings back? All meta data, users and configs are still there as far as I can see them under \mediabrowser-server\

Thanks

BERT

server-update.log

Edited by Bert-KS

Do you create restore points or backups?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Yes, I'm doing a backup of the whole machine every night.

The server did not update automatically as usually but wanted me to shut it down and download the new version. So I did...

Did it install to the same location as your old instance?

The stable version did not ask for a path as far as I can remember. You normally start the setup.exe, it downloads the new version and just installs it without asking any further details...

Maybe you have an anti-virus program that had a false positive and quarantined emby server files.

nope, there is no AV running on this box at all, just the Win7 build-in security...

• Solution

The stable version did not ask for a path as far as I can remember. 

I believe you are correct, however, if you install it with a different user or if you moved your previous installation, the path would be different.

I have never had any version overwrite the existing files and for a while I had to download the latest version and manually install it because of a minor bug. The log you provided says you failed to install the new version - it didn't have permissions to create the back-up so it quit. It appears that previously you used the "media" user, so I suspected that you were logged in as someone else when you tried this time.

• Like 1

... so I suspected that you were logged in as someone else when you tried this time.

$#5^2&^& - you're absolutely right, I did for some reason -_- Just did the installation as media again and it is working again with all settings, users and libraries... just as designed...

Thanks, Raff (and everyone else), that was too obvious ;) I should not do these things early in the morning :mellow: 

Cheers from Down Under

BERT