New EmbyTV not honoring Disabled Channels

MSattler

MSattler

All,

In Schedules Direct I have all the SD channels disabled.  When using MytvTV, I have the option to set the channels based upon what is listed as available/enabled in Schedules Direct.  So when my MthTV clients go to see a guide listing, only the enabled channels are listed.  Can we get EmbyTV to do the same?  I'm using the exact same listing as for MythTV but all channels are still listed.

Thanks!

puithove

You can kinda-sorta do effectively the same thing already.  You can go into the homerun's admin web page, go to the Channel Lineup, then mark the channels that you want to see as "favorites".  Then in Emby, edit the device settings, and tell it to only import the favorite channels.

fantaxp7

You can kinda-sorta do effectively the same thing already.  You can go into the homerun's admin web page, go to the Channel Lineup, then mark the channels that you want to see as "favorites".  Then in Emby, edit the device settings, and tell it to only import the favorite channels.

This is how I setup the original emby tv plugin as it was a requirement. Then once the update this weekend was applied, all channels are now displayed. 

If there is a way to disable those channels I don't want in emby somewhere that would be great. 

mellomade

If you are using the latest firmware from Silicondust you can disable channels via the web interface.  Go to http://YOURHDHR_IP_ADDRESS/lineup.html and click the star next to the channel you want to disable TWICE.  This will display the block icon (red circle with line through it) and when you rescan the blocked channels will be dropped from the lineup.

This way you can eliminate particular channels completely without having to use the favorites.

• Like 2

fantaxp7

If you are using the latest firmware from Silicondust you can disable channels via the web interface.  Go to http://YOURHDHR_IP_ADDRESS/lineup.html and click the star next to the channel you want to disable TWICE.  This will display the block icon (red circle with line through it) and when you rescan the blocked channels will be dropped from the lineup.

This way you can eliminate particular channels completely without having to use the favorites.

good to know, thanks!

Edit: I've just upgraded my firmware and clicking twice I do not see a block icon. 

Edited by fantaxp7

MSattler

good to know, thanks!

Edit: I've just upgraded my firmware and clicking twice I do not see a block icon. 

I don't see this either, latest beta firmware on the HDHomerun Prime CC.

It's kind of a PITA as it stands now.

MSattler

By latest I should have specified the DVR builds here:

https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=20613

If you are not in the beta program you cannot use the DVR features but the firmware update that happens with the install should work just fine for the channel disable functions.

Sweet, that worked although 310 channels on 2 tuners, that means I clicked 1240 times.  Ugh.

MSattler

Ask them to add a feature to allow it to read your mind.

Sure be a smart ass, to those people who actually support the project with feedback, and spread knowledge of the software.  Perhaps you would be happier if I just joined the masses and ask you daily where the IOS app is.

Sure be a smart ass, to those people who actually support the project with feedback, and spread knowledge of the software.  Perhaps you would be happier if I just joined the masses and ask you daily where the IOS app is.

I admit sometimes we try to be funny and it comes out wrong - or we're just tired and don't think.  So, I apologize (both retroactively and in advance) for that.

But, seriously, what other option would there have been for you to select which channels you wanted to block?

• Like 1