Unable to update media path

diaz1510

diaz1510

So in another post I was having issues after I did some drive-letter changes...I think I may have that solved, but....

As I was going through Emby to point all paths correctly, I am unable to correct this one:

55bed4017cf8d_Untitled01.jpg

I can position the mouse in the box and it will highlight, but I cannot enter or change anything inthe box.  I can change every other box though, ie Name, etc.  I started wondering if that was updated elsewhere in Emby and I thought it was here:

55bed44b04192_Untitled02.jpg

But as you can see it's not the same.  BTW, The UNC Path \\MediaServerPC\Misc is locally the F: drive.  Don't fret...I tried that too, lol, still the metadata manager would not show it updated as "F:"

Am I looking in the wrong place or is there an issue?  I even uninstalled the Podcast plugin, reinstalled it and re-linked the RSS feed for the podcast...it still leaves it as "R:" drive...

Any thoughts?

Edited by diaz1510

ddecaro

I think you might have to click on Metadata on the left and click advanced tab. In there, you can define a custom path for your Metadata.

Angelblue05

Not very pretty, but I think you could use path substitution in this case.

Under Library > Path substitution

To: \\MediaServer\Misc

It'd be a workaround until you actually figure out how to actually fix it....

Edited by Angelblue05

diaz1510

@ddecaro:

Been there done that:

55bed85b88c0f_Untitled03.jpg

And yes...I also tried changing the UNC path to "F:" instead of "\\MediaServerPC\Misc\

Still no bueno

Edited by diaz1510

diaz1510

Not very pretty, but I think you could use path substitution in this case.

Under Library > Path substitution

To: \\MediaServer\Misc

It'd be a workaround until you actually figure out how to do actually fix it....

Problem with that is...the R: drive is now a different media drive...so I can't do path sub as it may cause confusion with the "new" R: drive

Angelblue05

Actually, I believe the way this works is it finds the From "R:\Misc" in the path string and just replaces it with \\MediaServer\Misc. I don't think it would cause confusion with the new R drive unless you also happen to have a Misc folder on it too that's actually added to your server library as R:\Misc.

Anyway something to try, path substitution is nothing more than a string replace so it's easily undone if it doesn't work.

Edited by Angelblue05

diaz1510

Hmmm ...worth a shot..

Just can't be the fix though...

Not sure why I can't change any text in that text box, that would be the best fix, lol...

It's like it's locked onto the old setting...becasue when I first got that plugin, I remember setting that as the folder initially

...anybody else able to duplicate this?

Edited by diaz1510

the metadata manager paths are readonly and are just for your information. use the normal library setup area to change your paths.

diaz1510

the metadata manager paths are readonly and are just for your information. use the normal library setup area to change your paths.

I've done that already Luke...the only path I can't seem to change is the one regarding that podcast channel I posted the pic of.  Where do I change that specific path at? 

Edited by diaz1510

diaz1510

Try in dashboard/plugins/channels/ download path

Done that...That is pic #2 in my first post...still a no go...