v0.590

CBers

CBers

v0.590 Released

Added A-Z browsing for TV & Movies

Removed Latest view from Music - Is broken!

Added Emby Logo - Looks rubbish at low res

Thanks Chess.

Hope you're well.

• Like 2

FrostByte

Good to see you around Chess.  Updates look good and really like the AZ option.  Thanks

• Like 3

CBers

Chess - only just been able to update.

I see what you mean about the logo :)

You didn't change the logo for the Smart Hub though - still seeing the old logo.

My Media Folders aren't in the same order as they appear on the web client.

I think it was the case in the previous version as well. I don't go into Media Folders often, but did after the update.

Hopefully someone else can confirm.

I really like the A-Z option.

FrostByte

Seeing the same on order of media folders not honoring the order set by server options.

Edit: looks like they may be in the same order, but one is displaying them in rows and the other in columns

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

chessdragon136

Ok I've changed the app icon images for next release - really don't like the design with all its diagonal lines - not good for low res!

As for the media folder ordering - What? I take it this is something newish.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I think this is what CBers is seeing.  One is displaying in rows, the other in columns for the different folders.  The one folder can't be seen until you scroll down which throws off the order a little.  Not sure if this is new, or not.  I never use folder views myself

55b3b8c2b60a8_med1.jpg

55b3b90310a73_med2.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

My Views are listed in my profile as:

TV

Movies

Collections

Trailers

Music

Photos

In the Media Folders view in the app, they're not listed like that.

chessdragon136

But how do you set that order?

The view in the app is horizontally sorted, i think yours is just coincidence as mine is like this:

55b3bedb2a3be_Capture2.png

Which is weird as i am sorting on sortname which for me are all blank - Looks like the server muppets have changed a default somewhere to be something that isn't obvious like the name... 

Items?format=json&SortBy=SortName&SortOrder=Ascending&CollapseBoxSetItems=false&fields=SortName

• Like 1

CBers

You set the order in your profile in the server dashboard, but it's always been like that.

Vidman

Web client, click your user icon ,settings, home screen,view order to set folder sort order

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 3

chessdragon136

Web client, click your user icon ,settings, home screen,view order to set folder sort order

Oh god that is horrible! So if im getting this right it is sorting on the type of the folder (TV, Movies) and then if there are multiple TV type folders it then uses sortname...

Edit - No this cant be right, this cannot be used for the media folders view surely?!?

55b3d0958e642_Capture2.png

Edited by chessdragon136

CBers

Not sure about sortname, but you just put them in the order you want.

Must be something in the API that Luke or @@ebr can point you at :)

Vidman

If you have multiple tv type folders i would assume they would show up individually in that list to allow you to sort them as you wish. ...but i don't have multiple folders of the same type to test for certain

FrostByte

I don't think that box actually changes the folder view, at least it isn't on mine. 

FrostByte

It does for clients that support it

Ahh, ok.  It doesn't change the web client though it seems.  None of those boxes seems to match what I see in the web client

FrostByte

You would think :), but my first pic above is the media folders view from the web client and it doesn't match my order in the settings

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

Oh god that is horrible! So if im getting this right it is sorting on the type of the folder (TV, Movies) and then if there are multiple TV type folders it then uses sortname...

Edit - No this cant be right, this cannot be used for the media folders view surely?!?

55b3d0958e642_Capture2.png

They are Views, not Media Folders.

Views are created by combining one or more folders of the same type into a VIEW, which I think you are already doing in the app.

It's the Media Folders that aren't displayed as per their SortName preferences.

CBers

If you have multiple tv type folders i would assume they would show up individually in that list to allow you to sort them as you wish. ...but i don't have multiple folders of the same type to test for certain

If you group them together, they will show as one TV view.

I have my main TV and my Kids TV grouped as TV so I see all in my TV view.

I then have my main Movies and Kids Movies grouped together to have a Movies view.

FrostByte

X2 what CBers said, that changes My Views on the Home Page but does nothing for the Media Folders view for me

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Vidman

X2 what CBers said, that changes My Views on the Home Page but does nothing for the Media Folders view for me

Do you have "display a folders view" selected?

I don't think i am following what you are trying to describe

Edited by Vidman