Migrating from SQL

FLHTHEMI

CBers

Correct, there is no YouTube channel and probably never will be unless YT change their T&Cs.

WRT more channels being available, if you can find more developers to create/port channels that work with Emby, then that would help.

Edited by CBers

Vidman

Thank you, but unless I am mistaken I only see a very limited selection of Emby Channels, so unfortunately this isn't really 'equivalent' from a user's perspective. At least not yet anyway.

I'm sure you are trying to expand your Channel line up over time, however at present I can't even find a YouTube channel (please correct me if I'm wrong?)

With a little more assistance from the Emby side to enable synchronization of Watched and Resume status for Kodi Video addons, the final barrier would be removed for current Kodi mySQL users, and we would be able to seamlessly switch to being Emby customers.

Ultimately isn't that beneficial for Emby? More users? More paying customers?

Thank you :)

You assume emby development is motivated by money

handsomepete

I am trying to migrate from mysql to emby with not much luck. All movies/tv shows seem to sync correctly and I can see the correct library totals in kodi but when I try to navigate to any of the movie/tv show views in kodi they are all blank.

Kodi version: 14.2

Emby for Kodi: 1.0.8

Emby Server: Version 3.0.5641.4

What I have tried:

Syncing with advancedsettings.xml, sources.xml renamed 

Syncing with advancedsettings.xml, sources.xml and userdata/database renamed

Commenting out mysql info in advancedsettings.xml, leaving sources.xml intact and with userdata/database renamed.

Debug Log is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmnwqoi7dc2c208/emby.log?dl=0

Thanks

xnappo

I understand. But I was hoping that Emby for Kodi would be a complete replacement for mySQL from a Kodi users perspective. Unfortunately at this point it is not. This is why I am asking these questions - not in any way to demean Emby server, which seems extremely feature rich (except for this feature) :) I can only see this as a benefit and selling point to potential Emby users.

So I had a think about how this might work - and I think the solution would be to have one Kodi client act as a UPNP server, and have Emby have the ability to get content from that server. 

I asked Luke about this - and having the ability to get content from other UPNP servers is on his roadmap - so if you would like this to become a priority ask for that feature over in the Server thread.   Again that feature would be 'ability to use UPNP content from other servers'.

This is assuming the Kodi UPNP server displays content from all addons - I think it does though.

xnappo

• Like 1

im85288

Ultimately isn't that beneficial for Emby? More users? More paying customers?

Thank you :)

@@Vidman makes a very good point here which should be clarified. None of the developers of this Kodi addon for Emby receive any money at all for their work, we encourage people to step up and contribute to the code/development which is why there are now 5 of us. Personally for myself around 18 months ago when I started using the old addon, I found it lacked lots of features I wanted (video backdrops, theme music, next up widgets, skin integration etc etc) so I looked at the code and got involved.

So please do not think paying customers is a goal of this section, it may be so in other sections/apps but not in this one.

Thanks

• Like 1

FLHTHEMI

Now that I have some Emby experience, I would like to start over from scratch with Emby. I now have all the gleaned nfo and artwork being placed in the folders with the media. I want to put it in a seperate folder. Do I just remove those folders from the Emby library setup, delete or maybe move the nfo and art to the new folder and then give Emby the folder for the nfo, art and the media folders again?

Object is to allow Emby to serve from outside my network and remove using it in Kodi and return to mysql for Kodi. 

One other question, where do I get the v1.08 for kodi? The repo isn't showing it even after a force refresh.  I would like to see it before I migrate back to mysql. 

Edited by FLHTHEMI

handsomepete

I am trying to migrate from mysql to emby with not much luck. All movies/tv shows seem to sync correctly and I can see the correct library totals in kodi but when I try to navigate to any of the movie/tv show views in kodi they are all blank.

Kodi version: 14.2

Emby for Kodi: 1.0.8

Emby Server: Version 3.0.5641.4

What I have tried:

Syncing with advancedsettings.xml, sources.xml renamed 

Syncing with advancedsettings.xml, sources.xml and userdata/database renamed

Commenting out mysql info in advancedsettings.xml, leaving sources.xml intact and with userdata/database renamed.

Debug Log is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmnwqoi7dc2c208/emby.log?dl=0

Thanks

Bump for this, still having issues. Is it worth attempting with 1.0.10?

Angelblue05

Remove your source.xml and reset/resync via the emby add-on. See if it helps make your content show up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
wyledeyola

This is my first time on this forum or any forum for that matter so please all bear with me.

I've been using Kodi on numerous devices for about a year now. I do know my way around it though it's mainly through trail and error but usually get there in the end.

I just stuble across Emby over the weekend, I've successfully install and synced my local media and music libraries. Also installed Emby/kodi addon.

I'm now trying to get my TV Shows library addons, such as channel 1 etc so everything can be synced includung watch status, etc.

I understand I need to create and add Kodi addons strm files to Emby server but I'm not sure how to do this.

Can anybody help?

Many thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.