since upgrading to .1.x nothing plays

mgworek

mgworek

I rebuilding the DB yesterday after upgrading to .1.1 and now nothing plays. I can play stuff on the web interface and my fire stick but not my pi2 with Kodi.

everything worked before. I had to rebuild my db's a few times with the previous versions and everything played fine.

I don't have access to my logs right now but wanted to at least post about it incase you guys have seen this before.

marcelveldt

Did you fill in your SMB credentials in the addon settings ?

mgworek

no, i don't need to. My files are on a unraid server that doesn't have credentials. Worked fine before with nothing entered.

I did rebuild my emby server a few weeks back and was never sure if i entered my path substitutions right but i rebuild kodi after with the previous kodi plugin versions and everything was fine and like i said above, everything plays fine on my other devices.

Edited by mgworek

marcelveldt

no, i don't need to. My files are on a unraid server that doesn't have credentials. Worked fine before with nothing entered.

I did rebuild my emby server a few weeks back and was never sure if i entered my path substitutions right but i rebuild kodi after with the previous kodi plugin versions and everything was fine and like i said above, everything plays fine on my other devices.

Maybe your path subtitutions are wrong and your other clients are transcoding ?

You could check this easily by enable the play from HTTP option in the Emby addon settings.

mgworek

ok. i will check that. 

I still have my old emby server files where I know my paths were set right. any idea what file i could look in to find my settings. I could just load the old server up but i had lots of problems with it so would rather just look in a config file.

marcelveldt

ok. i will check that. 

I still have my old emby server files where I know my paths were set right. any idea what file i could look in to find my settings. I could just load the old server up but i had lots of problems with it so would rather just look in a config file.

In fact, I have no idea where that would be stored :-)

Just check first to see if it's transcoding. In the meanwhile I will look at our emby addon code to see if we can implement some nice error dialog why the playback has failed.

xnappo

Check that you have entered your SMB password in the settings as well.  

mgworek

ok my paths were set wrong. fixed them. system.xml has the info I was looking for.

weird that kodi worked before since they were wrong.

I know emby on my fire tv stick was transcoding last night.

I am at work so can't test until tonight but will report back.

Thanks.

mgworek

That did it guys. My paths were set wrong. Now everything works and direct plays.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 3