Channel Idea

BeppoMonkeyBoy

BeppoMonkeyBoy

I've had the idea of using a channel to interface with a local database to show comic books derived from the comic rack application, i've basically got the local hosted comic rack database, and modded it with sql for views and tables that make it usefull from a plugin point of view, i've managed it to display publishers, then series and than comics in on a vutual folder kind of thing, however... and this is the point that kinda makes me think thats its a non starter, I can't deploy a book type as a deliverable in a channel can i? and I can't work out how to add the images to the channel item from the local files (already written a extracter for this but have no idea on how to attach the result).

My idea for this was mainly for the web interface, so i can have an easy downloader from my master archive to my tablet, I've tried using the book metadata stuff with my local archive but, it dosn't read embedded comicinfo.xml, again i've written anotherl plugin to extract this and do just that but its not 100%.