Disabling metadata recursively

TheShanMan

TheShanMan

I disabled metadata using the "enable internet metadata" checkbox at the root level of my collection of random videos which has subfolders for various categorizations. I then added a video to one of those subfolders and it had metadata applied to it (incorrectly). Drilling into the subfolder and clicking edit, I see that unchecking the checkbox apparently doesn't apply to subfolders. Shouldn't it? Or at the very least shouldn't it warn me that since I have subfolders, the setting won't apply to them? How about adding another checkbox which says that the metadata settings apply recursively (and then disable the settings for subfolders)?

I find it a little annoying that I now have to go clean out the metadata for the misidentified video. Granted, MB3 is still in beta, but I hope that this will work better by the time it releases at least.

I'm using version 3.0.5061.25570 of the server.

TheShanMan

Key word being "will"? You're saying it isn't recursive now but that's a change that will come at some point? Thanks Luke!

TheShanMan

To restate, I'm not sure if you're saying it should already work like this (in which case I may be running into a bug) or it doesn't work like this yet, but will eventually.

• 1 year later...
StealthDefender

Awesome. Thanks Luke!

When will this feature be implemented? It doesnt work.

I tick some metadata to off on folder instant and when i do a refresh on a movie in this folder the infos get load allready.

Wish i could diable recursively some metadata points to have a clean library. Tags and Keywords for example are useless for me!

Any hints or workarounds on this?

Edit: I can only diable the whole metadata fetch but the seperatly tickable settings are not working recursively.

@Luke:

Have you some hint please :)

Greetz Stealth

Edited by StealthDefender