Problem installing MB Server. Wizard will not start

sprtfan
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Thanks, I don't remember seeing a warning mentioning that but I'll restart the install and see if I get one.  I'll also update explorer. 

I checked and I was running IE10 and also have compatibility mode turned off.  I turned compatibility mode back on just to check and I did get a pop up message warning me.  I seem to be still having a problem even though I'm using IE10 and have compatibility mode turned off.  Any other ideas?  Thanks

• Solution

There was another user who had issues with IE in WHS due to security settings. I don't remember what they were. Try poking around with those and please report if you're able to solve it. Otherwise install chrome or firefox and you'll be good to go.

• Like 1

To be able to download the server, I was asked to added mb3admin.com to my list of trusted sites and did.  The security is set pretty high in explorer on my WHS install.  Could that be part of the problem?

sorry, was typing my last reply while you were posting yours.  I'll give that a try and go with a different browser if problem remains.  Thanks

I'm installing media browser server on my WHS 2011 server.  I downloaded and ran it and I get to the Welcome to Media Browser Server! and click next to start the setup process but nothing happens.  The Welcome to Media Browser Server! message opens in explorer and the address is "://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/wizardstart.html"

Thanks for any help

Edited by sprtfan

Make sure it's IE10+ and compatibility mode is off. There's supposed to be a warning that tells you that. Did you not get one? Let me know and if that's the case I'll look into it.

• 8 months later...
Vlaves

I'm facing the same problem, but I'm already using Firefox and the Wizard page is not displayed.

Where should I look, are there any logs I could look at regarding such a Issue? Probably not, since I think this has somthing to do with the System config.

What can I do or should I try?

Thanks for your support :)

Regards

Vlaves

Vlaves

Hello together,

is there no one who could help me out where to look for this error? I just don't know where to start, as it seems to work for others when using Firefox.

Thanks again for any hint.

Regards

Vlaves

Hello together,

is there no one who could help me out where to look for this error? I just don't know where to start, as it seems to work for others when using Firefox.

Thanks again for any hint.

Regards

Vlaves

Can you supply more information? What exactly are you seeing?

Vlaves

Can you supply more information? What exactly are you seeing?

I would describe it like this. The Server is installing without an issue. And after Installation, the Server starts (can see it in the systray) and then Firefox is starting, which tries to open the page "http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/wizardstart.html" but it is saying after a while that the page could not be displayed. I also accepted/confirmed the Firewall exception for all networks.

The Page just could not be displaed :(

Hope I could explain it, so you could help me out here.

Thanks again for your support :)

Regards

Vlaves

Edited by Vlaves

I would describe it like this. The Server is installing without an issue. And after Installation, the Server starts (can see it in the systray) and then Firefox is starting, which tries to open the page "http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/wizardstart.html" but it is saying after a while that the page could not be displayed. I also accepted/confirmed the Firewall exception for all networks.

The Page just could not be displaed :(

Hope I could explain it, so you could help me out here.

Thanks again for your support :)

Regards

Vlaves

Please find the server log and supply that:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.