Suggestion - Recommendations

pt1xoom

pt1xoom

Hi,

I am new to Media Browser.  I have migrated from Plex to this, and I am very happy.

I have a suggestion.  I did not see a suggestion box, so I'm sorry if this is the incorrect location.

I would like to be able to recommend shows and movies to other users on my system.  I seem to watch a wider variety of shows than my daughter or girl friend, and I would like to be able to suggest a show through the web client to them.  

I see you have an "If you like this, check this out" section on the bottom, but this is a little twist on that idea.

Thanks.

• Like 5

• 4 years later...
ThePaladinTech

Wow - So this too is something I would like to see. maybe not enough desire as the last post was 4 years ago :( - but this would be great for me to 'queue up' a show for my (and my wifes) Family members - Especially the parents

legallink

eh, I wouldn't sue playlist or collections.  My guess is this would be best as a notification/messaging system unless you had smartlists for an auto populating playlist/collection that showed up on your home screen as "Recommended Shows From Other Users" or something like that.

ThePaladinTech

Spaceboy - Thank You! Never tried these before, this looks like it will work just fine. I can make a playlists named each person. and throw stuff in there.

I do this via 2 libraries.  One for Movies and one for TV.

Any movie or TV Show I want to recommend I symlink to the placeholder folder setup for each.

Then just scan library as usual.