Ubuntu server install nfs share path does not exsist

nightshadow36

nightshadow36

Hello.

I have been waiting a long time for a package for ubuntu so thank you for all the hard work installation went smoothly.

At the moment i have been using an nfs share for xbmc.

I have now installed the mediabrowser for ubuntu. I was hoping for a little help.

I have all my movies at this location media/vod/vod

When i select "media path" /media/vod/vod shows in the list but when i select it, it does not show the list of movies it just has "..." and also it says "The path does not exsit"

Could some one tell me whet the problem might be.

Also I am very new to linux so be gentle.

thefirstofthe300

It sounds like it is probably permissions related. What are the permissions for those folders and are the files local or on an NFS share?

Sent from my Nexus 7

nightshadow36

Hi

Thank you for the reply.

It a mounted drive, nfs share on the same computer as media brower.

The permissions on the drive are media/vod/vod = Me-create and delete files, nogroup-access files, others-access files.

The permissions for the movies folders in media/vod/vod are the same as above.

The mp4 movies inside the folders are as follows...

EXAMPLE

media/vod/vod/8mile.mp4 = Me-read and write, Nogroup-read only, others-access files

Hope there is something simple I am missing.

Thank you for any help.

thefirstofthe300

So mediabrowser is not accessing the media via an nfs mount? If that is the case, the problem doesn't lie in the nfs share screwing with the permissions.

If the above is true, in your terminal, try running chmod -R 766 /media/vod/vod. That will change the permissions on the file to allow you read, write, and execute permissions and everyone else only read, write privileges.

If that doesn't work, what is the output of the terminal command ps -aux | grep mediabrowser ?

Also, be sure that the terminal command groups nobody shows that nobody is a member of nogroup.