MediaBrowser Connect / Chromecast issue

trusselo

trusselo

First off, LOVING the new connect feature.

Already have my roommate, his wife and my dad, on the other side of canada, connecting to my server. simply brilliant.

But i went to use it and cast to my chromecast, but was rejected.

Samsung S4 Google Edition 4.4.4, running chrome broser, app.mediabrowser.tv > on home wifi network, same network as server and chromecast.

Started to play several shows on my device, they played on the device fine, i pushed the "cast" button at the bottom of the screen and selected my chromecast.  My request was rejected with a toast notification saying "Unable to cast video due to site restrictions" 

hmm..

trusselo

and i just found some videos that DO work, some don't and give the error message "Unable to cast video due to site restrictions".

EDITED

Chrome browser> app.mediabroser.tv

Login > Play (ugh..) Tosh.0.S06E01.mkv

select chromecast

get error "Unable to cast video due to site restrictions".

Chrome browser> app.mediabroser.tv

Login > Play The Blacklist.S01E01.Pilot.mp4

select chromecast

it plays to chromecast

Edited by trusselo

well that's not progress because chromecast on a mobile browser has never been supported. google hasn't officially supported it yet. but back to the original problem, we'll try to get it for the next release.

trusselo

But that was the original problem. in both cases I was attempting from chrome on my phone. Originally asking about Media browser connect then realizing didn't work with the local web GUI

Might also mention I'm using Chrome Beta for Android

Edited by trusselo

trusselo

I had never done it through the web client before but yes it does work through the web client on my PC in chrome browser, in conjunction with the Google Cast extension... it popped up on me when i chose chromecast from the player section menu.

I normally cast from my phone using the android app.  

just cant cast from my phone using the connect web app...

if you're talking about using the web client then it will work either way - mobile, desktop, connect, or local.

if you're talking specifically about chromecast, we have not tested that at all with chrome for android. last i checked it was not officially released and could only be activated via a hidden menu. so it seems like google hasn't really fleshed it out yet.

trusselo

if you're talking about using the web client then it will work either way - mobile, desktop, connect, or local.

it will work? chromecast will work?

if you're talking specifically about chromecast, we have not tested that at all with chrome for android.

HUH??? have not tested with chrome for android... wtf? 

ok then how do YOU access the web ui or connect ui on a mobile device? i use chrome browser.  

Either way, if i go to http://192.169.1.11:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/index.html  OR app.mediabrowser.tv using chrome on my phone

then play a video, there will be a cast button in the lower right corner, i touch it, i select my chromecast.

it errors out with the above message.

if there is another way to use the web client on a mobile device, then send it to chromecast that is supported please explain.

someone isn't understanding the other person..

trusselo

oh wait.. just tried to do it through the local web client on my phone. same error.

progress..