ATSC 3.0 recordings freeze during playback

Hey Mikey

Hey Mikey

I'm using Emby on a Shield with the Emby server running on a Windows 11 PC that is configured to use a HDHomeRun Flex 4K. I schedule a recording on a ATSC 3.0 channel (no DRM - WJLA) and go to playback the recording using the internal player in Emby. At some point during the viewing, the audio and video will freeze and unable to recover (pause/resume/skip do nothing. have to exit completely). Each time I try to play the recording, it does the same thing at the same point in the recording. I tried using a 2nd shield and it too froze the playback at the same point in the recording. If I select the option to use an external player in the Emby settings on the shield (VLC), the video plays back straight through without any problems. If I play the recording on the windows PC with VLC, the video again plays back without any problems. I've had this happen 3 previous times trying to record from the same OTA station. Any ideas?

I restarted the emby server, reproduced the issue, and saved the embyserver log file - added to this post.

embyserver.txt

Hi there, please attach the ffmpeg log as well. Thanks.

Hi.  Is there any chance your transcoding-temp folder ran out of space?  

What happens if you use the "Playback Correction" option in the app either just before or when it freezes?