Android Auto and Emby Premier

Danneauxs

Danneauxs

I'm thinking of getting Premier for life.   The only feature that interests me is the ability to play video on android auto.  Is this possible?  Are there limitations?  I am aware of the risks of playing video while driving; you are relieved of responsibility for any information given.  I will not explain my reason for asking - I would be typing for hours and you would be reading for hours.  No that the legal stuff is out of the way I realize there might be cosiderations for software versions etc. and some other stuff.  If that's needed I will research and provide it.  My phone app is up to date and the car is a late model 2023.  I don't have access to the vehicle right now.

Thanks in the advance. And thanks for the great software; long time user.

jamvids
Posted (edited)

I don't think this is something you can do directly, but can be  done if you have an android box, I have the carlinkit one and hotspot it with my phone if I want to play a video.

Edited by jamvids

Danneauxs
1 hour ago, jamvids said:

I don't think this is something you can do directly, but can be  done if you have an android box, I have the carlinkit one and hotspot it with my phone if I want to play a video.

Thanks, 

That seems to be one in the cons for getting premier.  It boasts "Use Emby effortlessly in your car with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support." but IF I need to purchase somethingh else then it's not worth the hastle.  I'll just find a phone mount that puts my phone close to the screen in my car.

HI, are you saying you want to listen to a video using android auto? That's very doable.

But to actually display the video, I don't believe Google allows that to my knowledge. You'd have to launch the Emby app.

Danneauxs
1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI, are you saying you want to listen to a video using android auto? That's very doable.

But to actually display the video, I don't believe Google allows that to my knowledge. You'd have to launch the Emby app.

This was my assumption.  If I launch the app it only plays audio and no video.  I do this without premier.  As andoid auto is specifically mentioned on the premier page I thought it added something.  

Thanks for the clarification.

On 5/9/2024 at 6:16 PM, Danneauxs said:

As andoid auto is specifically mentioned on the premier page I thought it added something.  

Hi. It does.  We fully support the Android Auto (and CarPay) UI which specifically does NOT allow video (for safety reasons).