Cannot Merge Kamen Rider Episodes

SMTV91
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

SMTV91

Hi everyone, 

I seem to be having the opposite problem of this post below. I'm trying to get the Kamen Rider episodes to merge under just Kamen Rider (1971 to present) not the individual series. I have the episodes organized by season under one folder ie Kamen Rider>Season 1> Kamen Rider - S01E01 etc but they still get separated and look like the screenshot below. Any advice? I have the merge series option selected under Library options as well. 

image.thumb.png.3f460d238658613ee189c885fb34e246.png

GrimReaper

What is the library path for that library? 

SMTV91

Root folder/Kamen Rider/Season/Kamen Rider S00E00image.thumb.png.f04a9450f1f482d06db68eb849c2b92d.png

pwhodges
Posted (edited)

How are they named?  To get them into one series (using TVDB) you need to number them all accordingly.  I found it hard to get the right metadata by searching, so Emby may as well.

You need the series https://thetvdb.com/series/kamen-rider which has tvdbid=74096.

To show all 1180 episodes as one single season, you need to use and specify Absolute order: https://thetvdb.com/series/kamen-rider/seasons/absolute/1

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

GrimReaper
Posted (edited)

Maybe you didn't understand my query: what is the path/folder you've added in your library configuration? 

Edit: Based on your screenshot, I'd assume it is D:\Kamen Rider - you need to add parent TV show folder, not the show folder itself as a library path, so add another folder named as desired (i.e. Kids TV) and move Kamen Rider folder into it, add that folder as library path in Emby.

Edited by GrimReaper

SMTV91

@GrimReaperThis is the path added to my library config: D:\Kamen Rider. Is the issue that it is a root folder? See screenshot.

@pwhodgesI'm rescanning the library files and will try your method once it's complete. I thought I had the right ID but hopefully that works.

image.thumb.png.c27747f6f325cf5088bcaf0221b44dff.png

• Solution
GrimReaper
Just now, SMTV91 said:

@GrimReaperThis is the path added to my library config: D:\Kamen Rider. Is the issue that it is a root folder? See screenshot.

Yes. As said:

35 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Based on your screenshot, I'd assume it is D:\Kamen Rider - you need to add parent TV show folder, not the show folder itself as a library path, so add another folder named as desired (i.e. Kids TV) and move Kamen Rider folder into it, add that folder as library path in Emby.

SMTV91

Alright rescanning once more after changing the path to add the same parent folders as my other drives. Once that's done I'll also add the ID @pwhodgesprovided and see if that helps.

• Thanks 1

SMTV91

Thank you both very much. Renaming folder structure and the TVDB ID you provided helped and everything is as it should be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1