Unable to Skip ahead or resume any media content

natas

natas

I have Emby Theater 11.556.0 installed on my Emby Server 4.8.6.0 server with Windows 11. Been using it to play all content without issue for quite sometime until now. Any movie or tv show I select, no matter the encoding of Video/Audio it will not allow fast forward or resume. Always just reverts to the beginning of the file and starts over. Even chapters will go back to start of file. After going through all possible options and testing codecs I removed the hevc video extensions that were installed from the Windows Store. Doing this then allowed the all the media to work as it should with resume and skip. Unfortunately without that the video is jerky when skipping forward and takes quite some time to finally play if selecting a specific spot or selecting a chapter. Seems to have trouble seeking without the extensions. Not sure if something changed in the recent version of Theater to cause this since all other remote devices (TVs, Android devices, ROKU, etc...) do not have any issue at all with playing, resuming or skipping forward. Only local content played on the server. Direct play works remote as well as transcoding. If I play the same media through the web login it will work as expected but I lose some of the options I like the theater for such as Atmos sound passthrough. Sorry for the long post I just wanted to try and get as much info in as possible to help answer any questions in hopes someone can help me with mine.

natas

Sorry for the delayed response. Here are the logs, both ffmpeg and server, for a time period I was trying to play multiple movie files and not only having trouble with the move forward but also freezing after about 2 seconds. After testing a bit it seems to be related to the HEVC extensions from the MS Store and the Dolby Access install for Atmos. Odd thing is both have been installed for quite some time and never have I had any issues until recently. If I take them out and transcode to h264 it seems to play but I lose the Atmos and it does not resolve for all content.

logs.zip

I run the desktop app. I’m able to skip ahead in video (or back) once and then I’m unable to do it anymore. I have to move mouse so UI appear and then it works. Feels like focus is lost or something. 

denz

I just loaded Theater to test some videos and rewind and fast forward buttons don’t work 

dshildreth

"I’m able to skip ahead in video (or back) once and then I’m unable to do it anymore."

I have the same issue since the update to 4.8.7.0