One video file shows as two versions (both version for same file)

The_ERROR

The_ERROR

I have strange issue, where I some time needs to replace one version of movie by another, but usually I do end with "two version" of movie, however both version referring to same media file. Ususally, it happens, when I move some another version of mediafile, delete old version and rename it same as older one (but different extension, usually). It's often happens the way, that I can see two movies for same source and merging them, will create same 2 version of the same too. 

Then I ends with list of two versions, but both refers to same media file.  

Is there some way how to fix this? I've even tried to change naming of version (added those " - H.264" to end, but it didn't help, it just appears like two "H.264". 

SCR-20240509-bjyj.jpeg

SCR-20240509-blhr.png

Happy2Play

Don't think this issue has been found as I believe the only fix is removing library allowing scan to finish and readding library.

You can test removing that item from your library, doing full scan to clear the database and readd the item, does it still show duplicated?

The_ERROR
Posted (edited)

You can test removing that item from your library, doing full scan to clear the database and readd the item, does it still show duplicated?

That's exactly thing I would like to not have to do. 

Well I thing, that I know, where problem could be... I do have two libraries - Movies and Pohadky (story tails), however, Pohadky is just one of subfolders of the main Movies folder. Could it be the reason? Strange is, it's not for newly added, it happens just after some change on file. Ex. i did have one, where everything was OK, and after just adding "-something", after refresh of library, now I do have "two version" of the same "something". 

Could it be this? 

Edited by The_ERROR

The_ERROR

Looks like it. After I removed Pohadky, it's now only one version now. 

Hmm... I would like to have it separately (as libraly available to kids) , but also have it under the main library as well. 

pwhodges
8 hours ago, The_ERROR said:

Pohadky is just one of subfolders of the main Movies folder. Could it be the reason?

Absolutely - Emby does not permit this.

Paul

• Agree 1

It should not have created this duplicate though. Were both libraries using the same content type?

The_ERROR
11 hours ago, Luke said:

It should not have created this duplicate though. Were both libraries using the same content type?

Yes, it does. It's actually interesting, that duplicate shows just after some change of the file. When I do not change it somehow, it index as expected. It will do duplicate after some change, like replacing of file, or renaming. 

How many Emby libraries have you created, and what folder paths are added to each one?

The_ERROR
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Luke said:

How many Emby libraries have you created, and what folder paths are added to each one?

There was two libs Movies and Pohadky in general, it was kind like this:
Movies (kind: movies):
- /filmy

Pohadky (kind: movies):
- /filmy/pohadky

not sure, if it could be related or not, but it was docker with mapped disks (docker run ... -v /volume1/movies:/filmy:rw ....)

Edited by The_ERROR

jaycedk
Posted (edited)

I would suggest moving pohadky to same folder level as filmy

- /filmy/

-/pohadky/

@pwhodges already said this.

Edited by jaycedk

Happy2Play

Yes that has never been supported and per other topics does create issue.  Previously would cause empty library as all items where already in parent library.  But with all the server changes new things appear to happen.

In the end you will need to come up with a different folder structure and potentially use folder access.

Folder Based Access Control | Emby Documentation

The_ERROR
2 hours ago, jaycedk said:

I would suggest moving pohadky to same folder level as filmy

- /filmy/

-/pohadky/

@pwhodges already said this.

yep, I did so already.