I would like to add a scheduled shutdown feature.

wugeng668

wugeng668

Hi, I’d like to propose a suggestion. I often watch Emby TV lying down before I go to sleep, and sometimes I fall asleep while watching, causing Emby TV to keep playing. Could you add a new feature: a single countdown exit function, such as adding a temporary 30-minute auto-shutdown option (the specific number of minutes can be customized according to each person’s situation)? If 30 minutes pass, a pop-up prompt would appear, and if I want to keep watching, I can continue. If there is no button response, Emby would automatically exit after 10 seconds. This way, Emby won’t play all night long.

GrimReaper

App settings>Playback tab, Enable 'Are You Still Watching?' prompt.

image.png.c2c806ac73af8f6dddc6595deba774e5.png

• 2 weeks later...
wugeng668
On 5/9/2024 at 12:03 AM, GrimReaper said:

App settings>Playback tab, Enable 'Are You Still Watching?' prompt.

image.png.c2c806ac73af8f6dddc6595deba774e5.png

I turned on this feature, but I don't know what the trigger conditions are. I tried watching two episodes of a TV show in a row without clicking on Emby, and then I found that the system did not prompt me with "Would you like to continue watching?" This feature is not very user-friendly. I hope to add a sleep timer feature that allows users to choose to automatically shut off after 10 minutes, 30 minutes, or other durations of playback.

6 hours ago, wugeng668 said:

I turned on this feature

Hi.  Did you turn it on in the Fire TV app...?