Photos not showing correct size

Checkoutside

Checkoutside

I have brought this up before, but it is apparently time to revisit as it is still not corrected. Photos on the Android app (on a tv) are not being displayed correctly. I am including screen shots so you can see the difference. I updated the server this morning and the apps are installed by the system, I am no longer installing any beta apps!

Server version  4.8.6.0

Android for TV version  2.1.10g

Android version  3.3.86

There will be 4 pics, first screenshot of settings page for TV app 2.1.10g, then the photo, next is screenshot of Android app 3.3.86, and last is same photo. You will see (by paying attention to the lower left corner of the photo where the signature is) that the Android for TV app displays the photo correctly, while the Android app cuts off the bottom (and maybe more). Hope this info will help you guys fix this issue.

20240508_094631.jpg

20240508_094727.jpg

20240508_094906.jpg

20240508_095006.jpg

HI, what is the resolution of that photo?

Checkoutside

The resolution is 5019x3346 which is a VERY standard 3:2 ratio.

How does the Emby web app on the server machine compare?

Checkoutside

I have no clue what you are asking! The server machine is a WD Nas. The apps are on the same TV, the Android for TV app displays correctly (as does Jellyfin), the Android app does not!

OK can you zip up that image and attach the zip file here? thanks.

Checkoutside

I am sending you 4 photos. They are different resolutions (due to cropping) but all 4 are in the 3:2 aspect ratio.

I did test this on a Sony Tv and a LG TV, both running the same versions of the apps with the same results. Interestingly, on my Android phone, running the same version, the photos show correctly.

I also checked about 5 different photo viewers on the computer and the photos are displayed correctly on all of them. It is just the Emby Android (not the TV one) that does not show them correctly. On a side note, there is a weird black screen thing that happens on that app also when changing from photo to photo.

Hope you guys can get this fixed.

photos-zipped.zip