Removing duplicate movies bug?

cyris69

cyris69

Server Version: 4.9.0.17 beta

So I've migrated to a new machine and have been slowly going through and regrouping movies with multiple resolutions and or deleting the lowest resolution if it's below 1080p. What has been happening is the version not deleted is being added to the front of 'Latest Movies'. I don't actually touch the movie of higher resolution other than to see it's resolution when picking which version to delete from storage using the WebUI. I'm not sure why it's thinking that the other files are new addition to storage.

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

cyris69
Posted (edited)

So let's use this old screenshot for an example. Yellow is 480p, Green 720p, Red 1080p. I only want the 1080p or better versions. I click into each of the lower resolution movies and click the trash icon to delete leaving the one with a Red circle. I have to go into each as the the resolution isn't known otherwise. These videos are somewhere in the middle of the Movie Library so shouldn't be in 'Latest Movies'. However, the movie in the Red circle ends up being put into the front of the 'Latest Movie' list when others are removed. This doesn't happen for every movie though but enough to be annoying.

image.jpeg.ff05ba6aae58ee65b1a9a90678ee8dfe.jpeg

Edited by cyris69

Hi, if you click on them in the web app, do they all have the same id in the web app address bar?

Ok, they don't all have the same after looking into more "/item?id=xxxxxx"
Maybe the ones that do are the ones that are showing up as new which would explain why not all duplicates are doing it.

Smitty018210

I have had this happen every now and then.

Do you happen to have local trailers downloaded? 

In my case that what was casing it to happen. For what ever reason emby thinks my trailer file was a new movie and not a trailer.

Edited by Smitty018210

35 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK please run a library scan and then attach the Emby server log. Thanks.

I tell it to do it but doesn't do anything. 
image.png.78843a7092f7427885d97ff4c9feb36e.png

Only time I notice it manually scan libraries is if I have do it for all of them and not the specific one I'd like.

21 minutes ago, Smitty018210 said:

I have had this happen every now and then.

Do you happen to have local trailers downloaded? 

In my case that what was casing it to happen. For what ever reason emby thinks my trailer file was a new movie and not a trailer.

It has trailer link next to play but they are to youtube. 

Edited by cyris69

Smitty018210
3 minutes ago, cyris69 said:

It has trailer link next to play but they are to youtube. 

Ok, then it's probably not the same issue then. Sorry. Hope you get it figured out!

• Like 1

Running this now. Found 20 duplicates and I can pick what versions to remove. 
https://github.com/kristiankoskimaki/vidupe

It still causes the kept versions to show up at the front of the list. I'll do a full library scan once this movie is over otherwise the log is full of this every single second.

2024-05-15 00:00:07.139 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://192.168.1.151:8097/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress. UserAgent: Dalvik/2.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 11; Smart TV Build/RP1A.200622.001)
2024-05-15 00:00:07.140 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host1

This is all that is installed. Nothing manually either. On the old machine you couldn't install any plugins so never bothered trying any. It would just error out about a directory but nothing about permissions or as to why.
plugins.jpg.2b82217d2ed06b8e2a6d30f131dbe5b7.jpg

This issue didn't start until installing onto the new machine either. Which is unfortunate as now that I have ample storage space on the home server vs when it was on 3 different locations clouds+local. During consolidation I was ok losing the newest media tab to it having to add it all again but now for it to get messed up by removing duplicate or lower resolutions is quite frustrating. I will likely just group the versions instead of deleting. 

I'd love if it would like plex auto group media regardless of where it is folder wise. I know emby is supposed to do this if they are in the same folder Say Movies/ABC/Res1.mp4 res2.mp4. Granted I've never seen that work. I have a lot of movies in a single directory as well so that doesn't work for auto grouping as they would technically be in the same folder and have at the end appended the resolution.