Folders for movies Showing up (with movie thumbnails), but no movies

jdonovan

jdonovan

Hi All,

Been having this issue for a few days now. For any user that is not an admin, only certain movies are visible, even though they are shown in a folder.

Example - 

When I log on as an admin, I see this leadership folder -

image.png.38f2690a188b69b5c1e777f89888a2a5.png

click it and see these movies:

image.thumb.png.e38b468617f729771994971b8a52fd0b.png

However, a user would log on to see the same folder as above (which they have access to), but when they click it, the only movie they get it "Mona Lisa Smile"

image.png.279b62c7941c0491bbc561df2aaf298a.png

Similarly, they get this folder:

image.png.ed473e2ba74cb3bbeb1b089e79c338fb.png

Which clearly shows the movie thumbnail "The Great Debaters," but when they click it, there is nothing inside. If I, the Admin, log on and click the Debate folder, I can watch the movie, and I am not sure why. I've checked the details on the watchable movies and the not watchable ones, but I can't see a difference. I've also gone in and adjusted access several times to the same result. What's also weird, is that if I send a user a link directly to the film, they will be able to watch it as long as they had been logged into Emby already. Any idea why this may be happening / what I may have missed?

Thanks!

Jake

embyserver.txt

Hi there, how are your files named and organized?

jdonovan

Like this -

Drive that they are in:

image.png.696aca0067c48d53c6aac07bef207da3.png

Within each folder another folder (for some reason, was like this when I started here and was working a few months ago)

So if you click on "A place at the Table" you get this :

image.png.e550feba89205bd25d9e5ba0612c9e6e.png

And within that:

image.png.04bc914036a3e272e03ae46b1629d6fe.png

Thanks for taking a look, Luke!

Jake

How many Emby libraries have you created, and what folder paths are added to each one?

jdonovan

We have 18 libraries, and each one has a path to the outer folder of whichever movies are for that class. So it would be the first "A Place at the Table" folder that the path is to.

7 hours ago, jdonovan said:

We have 18 libraries, and each one has a path to the outer folder of whichever movies are for that class. So it would be the first "A Place at the Table" folder that the path is to.

Hi, are you saying you setup libraries pointing to specific movies rather than your entire movies folder?

jdonovan

They are set up like this, the library being "Am Cu Mo":

image.png.8587c5f0cfd2b74e6015664cd681c581.png

visproduction

JD,

Check Admin dashboard / Users / Individual User 3 dots / User edit / Access tab / 

Library Access

Enable access to all libraries

---

Why can you not just group media into folders that match your group preference instead of adding many individual media folders to a library?  Adding so many folders in a library is not really a best practice.  It makes dbase sorting heavier, slows down the entire site and probably raises the possibility of breaking code.

jdonovan

Hi visproduction,

That seemed to work, thank you. I couldn't tell you why it was set up this way, it's been like this for years and I'm rather new here, but it was my impression that in an education environment students would only be given access to the movies in the classes that they are enrolled in. I'll get on re-organizing then if it could help, thanks!