Emby Server reset after update to 4.8.6

TroyKing

TroyKing
Posted (edited)

I did the update like I always do but when I opened the app again it basically asked me to start over. It didn’t retain any of the info from the previous installation. Which is weird because I can still see all the config and metadata files of the previous installation but is just not recognizing it. I’m trying to restore from backup but it’s been resting for a long time now, not sure if is stuck or not. Any suggestions?

Edited by GrimReaper
Log removed

Hi, that's strange. I don't see anything obvious. Did the same user on your machine perform the installation as before?

TroyKing
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, that's strange. I don't see anything obvious. Did the same user on your machine perform the installation as before?

Same everything, the backup restored most things but certain things are missing like live tv channel images and chapter thumbnail images are all black. Very odd

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 7.44.33 PM.png

Edited by TroyKing

Try running the refresh guide scheduled task. As for the original issue, maybe apple backup/time machine messed with it?

the missing channel logos suggests that the server metadata folder was tampered with.

TroyKing

I’m not too sure, is there a way to have the metada data download again? Also how can I re run the chapter images? It doesn’t seem to do them again if it thinks it already did it. But some are just black

@TroyKing

HI, chapter thumbnails should just require a normal library scan.

The channel images unfortunately will require manual fixup to remove them and then run a refresh guide to get new ones.

In the upcoming 4.8.7 release we'll update this to recover more automatically in the event your channel images go missing.