Carplay - There was a problem loading this content

DonMacaroni

DonMacaroni
Posted (edited)

For some reason, initiating playback via CarPlay always fails, while initiating it via IOS App, while connected to CarPlay always works.
Maybe someone from Emby team can take a look, it is a bit frustrating, since technically (from end user perspective) Emby CarPlay "does not work".

From logs, bunch of errors happen, around the time I attempted it, (search for string "Halo" which is track name) or Timestamp starting from 15:48
Client is latest from AppStore, connection is over Wireguard to the server (Emby unfortunately does not support CarPlay on downloaded files, yet)

D87E5120-72BA-4B92-838A-4330661D393D_1_105_c.jpeg

embyserver.txt

Edited by DonMacaroni

dpslabber

This has been a problem since 2022, maybe even before that. It's still not resolved. I believe it's due to the size of the library. I have over 10K albums and i pretty much cannot play anything. One way i can get it to play is if line up an album or playlist on the phone and then press play once it's connected via carplay.

But searching, browsing or playing via carplay produces the same results as you and many others.
Having moved over from Plex where this works amazingly well. It's very disappointing considering this is a paid Emby premiere feature.  😞

image.png

DonMacaroni
Posted (edited)

So, if I have 10 tracks under “favourites”, it still tries to fetch entire library (100k+ items) when I press play on one of those favourite tracks? 🤯
It is insane, who implements things like that? 

I moved away from Plex, their android app thinks that my TV is an Phone and refuses to output multichannel audio to ARC or via TosLink. So going back to Plex is not an option either.

Edited by DonMacaroni

DonMacaroni

I must admit, I do love Emby and responsivness of the dev’s here, despite all those small inconveniences, which hopefully will be fixed one day.

• Like 1