Hisense Roku TV.. video freezes but audio keeps playing

chrisrobbins1970

chrisrobbins1970

Hisense Roku TV.. video freezes but audio keeps playing.

A remote user said that a few movies & tv shows the video will freeze but audio keeps play. Tried to duplicate so I could if its emby, video file or device. 

Unable to duplicate on the roku tv or any other devices. Asked anther remote user if this has happened.; it has not.

Not what to fix but anyone else hear of this from ANY roku devices??

Since they are unable to duplciate the issue and when they play the file again it plays with no issues..so I feel video file is NOT the issue.

Would love to pull a log but unable to duplicate

chrisrobbins1970

thats just it..he's unable to duplicate it.. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this...

• Thanks 1

It could have been a temporary network issue I guess...

chrisrobbins1970

im thinking as well.. Ive asked if this has happened agin..and it has not.

• Thanks 1

chrisrobbins1970
Posted (edited)

It happened again, but this time I got a log and time frame...time was around 1hr 05 on hisense Roku TV

embyserver.txt

Edited by chrisrobbins1970

chrisrobbins1970

I was just notified that this issue was happening on a Roku stick on a TV series 

chrisrobbins1970

This issue has not happened to me..but this is for remote users

14 hours ago, chrisrobbins1970 said:

time was around 1hr 05 on hisense Roku TV

I actually see Roku activity at 12:57 and it looks like the server is saying it is too busy to fulfill the request:

2024-05-08 12:57:20.023 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 503 to host2. Time: 14ms. GET http://host1:8096/emby/videos/5273/original.mp4?DeviceId=fb84d247-5db3-57cb-ab51-f9dbd21bdedf&MediaSourceId=7668ba89f5fbeddb8691461ebfd0ba22&PlaySessionId=dfaa1515740e433d80ff9c624e3e7efa&api_key=x_secret1_x

chrisrobbins1970

..and that means???

I did notice that this started happening when i changed the size numbers on the database..would that make a difference?

chrisrobbins1970

so the server busiy at that time was my modem went on me and had to get a new modem installed..but this issue that was happening with the freezing. He was watching a movie and at around the 1hr 5min mark the video froze but the audio kept playing. He close the movie and went back to that spot and it played fine. The other users said two days ago the same thing the tv series they were watching the video would freeze and the audio was still playing it happened two episodes. These issues are not happening to me..only remote users..and there are only two of them..so far.

..and its such a random occurence its hard to pin point it

On 5/9/2024 at 10:12 AM, chrisrobbins1970 said:

..and that means???

I did notice that this started happening when i changed the size numbers on the database..would that make a difference?

Actually in this case, the server never sends back a 503 response because it's busy. The only reason it currently uses this response code is if the server is still in process of starting up.

So the reason for this particular issue is that you restarted the server right in the middle of playback. Now I realize you opened this issue on May 4 and then posted a log from May 8. Maybe that's not the explanation for the issue you had on May 4, but it does explain May 8.

Please try to avoid restarting the server in the middle of playback. If you have additional server log examples that we can review, then please attach them as well. Thanks.

I'm going to add some warnings to the shutdown/restart process that you may cause disruption to users who are currently playing. 

Just now, chrisrobbins1970 said:

ok...

If you have additional server log examples that we can review, then please attach them as well. Thanks.

chrisrobbins1970

so far has not happened again..its random

• Thanks 1