Can't read cover.

The cover of the playlist I uploaded can't be displayed. I think the TV terminal limits the size of the picture.

f15972c4722b50742984f38cf6c54f98.jpeg

4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, let’s look at an example:

Thanks!

The mobile phone client can display normally, and the apple TV terminal does not display the cover.

Just now, 17732 said:

The mobile phone client can display normally, and the apple TV terminal does not display the cover.

IMG_9094.png

On 5/5/2024 at 12:06 PM, Luke said:

Hi, please attach the emby server log from when the problem occurred:

Thanks.

Hi,Luke, I found that the cover picture of 500×500 can't be displayed on apple TV emby.

59 minutes ago, 17732 said:

Hi,Luke, I found that the cover picture of 500×500 can't be displayed on apple TV emby.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Thanks.

This problem has always existed in the past and now.

I think bad images are being downloaded by the plugin called "MusicChinaProvider"

Try removing that plugin. Existing artists that are impacted will require manual fix-up.

5 hours ago, Luke said:

I think bad images are being downloaded by the plugin called "MusicChinaProvider"

Try removing that plugin. Existing artists that are impacted will require manual fix-up.

This is an artist plug-in used in my country. It is normal. The cover of the playlist was not downloaded through this plug-in, but was manually uploaded from the pictures I found on the Internet.

The plugin seems to have saved an image as plain text:

2024-05-09 01:07:34.555 Error ProviderManager: MusicImageProvider failed in GetImageInfos for type MusicArtist
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.6.0
	Command line: /volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology72_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.302+ (root@build7) (gcc version 12.2.0 (GCC) ) #69057 SMP Fri Jan 12 17:02:59 CST 2024
	Framework: .NET 6.0.25
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/packages/EmbyServer/var/cache/Music-China/Jaxson Gamble/image.txt'.

So naturally the server has an error when it tries to work with that text file as an image.

At this point i don't know how to help you because I don't know what the plugin is doing.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

The plugin seems to have saved an image as plain text:

2024-05-09 01:07:34.555 Error ProviderManager: MusicImageProvider failed in GetImageInfos for type MusicArtist
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.6.0
	Command line: /volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology72_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.302+ (root@build7) (gcc version 12.2.0 (GCC) ) #69057 SMP Fri Jan 12 17:02:59 CST 2024
	Framework: .NET 6.0.25
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/packages/EmbyServer/var/cache/Music-China/Jaxson Gamble/image.txt'.

So naturally the server has an error when it tries to work with that text file as an image.

At this point i don't know how to help you because I don't know what the plugin is doing.

Okay, I get it.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI, did you try removing the plugin?

Hello, Luke, it's not caused by plug-ins. Only emby of apple TV can't display the cover, and all other clients can display